Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for straight men.

Options
  • 03-06-2015 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I'm a big believer in LGBT rights. I support transgender people being treated the same as anyone else.

If a person wants to identify as female, despite their birth cert saying they are "male", I see no problem.

If they want to change their name and have others to refer to them as "she" and "her" instead of "he" and "him", I see no problem.

However, I, a straight male, would not date a transgender woman. I do not see this as bigotry. It is simply an acknowledgment of reality - that transgender women are not identical to cisgender women.

So, am I an anomaly? Are their straight males here who would have no problem dating a transgender woman?

Would you, a straight male, date a transgender woman? 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    I don't know
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod No, we're not doing this. We're not creating more arguments.
    But I will give you a simple answer to your question: some will. Some will not. Every man is different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement