Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy. Lido di Jesolo

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering has anyone been to Lido di jesolo in Italy. It's beside Venice. It's described as a resort. I'm getting visions of a resort in the canaries or something like that, which isn't what I'm after. Any advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

We stayed in the Union Lido campsite a couple of years ago and as a result did not need to venture far from the site.

The lido has campsites pretty much all along it.

At the end of the lido you can take the water ferries to Venice and also island cruises. The island cruise is well worth taking.

Can comment on the more built-up section of the lido but there are a few shops and restaurants around.

Back towards Jesolo itself, there's a town/village called Cavallino which has a large supermarket on the outskirts IIRC. Not much happening in the town itself.

Jesolo, which is a bus ride away, is worth a visit. It's more touristy and there are lots of bars, restaurants and attractions. It has a large shopping centre which we didn't venture into but includes a Lidl & a McDonalds if your so inclined.

There's an amusement park (name escapes me) on the outskirts but was barely worth the effort to get to it. If you have younger children though they might enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I was there for a week 15 years ago. It's like any resort with lots of hotels and restaurants and a beach. We didn't go to Jeselo so I don't know anything about that. We only left the hotel area for a day trip to Venice.

Advertisement