Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund of fees scheme

Options
  • 02-06-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I've only recently heard of this scheme. I did a course in 2011 which I think qualifies but am I too late to apply for this now??
    Anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Do you mean refund of fees or tax relief for tuition fees? If the former, then have a read of the conditions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Great scheme but yes, you are too late for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

mollytev32 wrote: »
    I've only recently heard of this scheme. I did a course in 2011 which I think qualifies but am I too late to apply for this now??
    Anyone any experience of this?
    as far as I know you apply in March 2015 for a course completed during the 2013-2014 school year....if my understanding is correct then you are too late to apply for the course you completed in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

They keep that good and quiet. I missed out on it a couple of years ago too. In fairness, I should have investigated possible refunds fully but they really should allow you a long period of time to apply for it.

It's almost as though they don't care about teachers' continued professional development and would rather that everyone paid their own way rather than encourage those who might not otherwise be able to afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mollytev32

TheDriver wrote: »
    Great scheme but yes, you are too late for this year.

So I can't apply next year can I? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I'd say not but contact them to be sure. It's on the Marino website http://www.mie.ie/Continuing-Professional-Development/Refund-of-Fees-Scheme.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In their defence, lots of info comes in every year about it for distribution to staff. Ask your Principal as they don't keep it quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mollytev32

Emailed Marino today and as I thought I'm too late..😀

Advertisement