Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to change the default language on an Android phone to Irish?

Options
  • 02-06-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to change the default language on an Android phone to Irish?

It would help with my Irish skills hopefully. Would also be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Settings-Language and Input-Language-Irish

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

uch wrote: »
    Settings-Language and Input-Language-Irish

If only it was that simple.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You need to play around with the system code, so if you don't know what you're doing, leave well enough alone.

More info on how to ruin your phone can be found here: http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/20599/is-it-posible-to-change-the-locale-of-my-device

Unrooting my last 2nd hand phone was enough work for me, I think I'll stay away from modifying my phone for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Not what you are looking for but SwiftKey predictive text app that is popular now comes in Irish so you can set it as default so when you are typing it will predict next words and correct spelling which is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Carnacalla wrote: »
    If only it was that simple.

It is on the handset I have, all menus and context as Gaeilge,

What type of phone is it ?

21/25

uch wrote: »
    It is on the handset I have, all menus and context as Gaeilge,

What type of phone is it ?

Nexus 5.