Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours shed is high.

Options
  • 02-06-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Basically, my neighbour has constructed himself a shed. It's made from steel tubing and galvinized sheeting. My issue with the shed is the height, in which it is about 2 feet higher than the wooden fencing seperating the gardens.

Is he legally allowed to build a shed to any height on his property, or is their guidelines as to the limit it may reach?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I read that post, thanks. That guy was stating the the apex is lower than his neighbours shed. My neighbours apex exceeds the height of my shed.

Photos are needed, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Hi,

Basically, my neighbour has constructed himself a shed. It's made from steel tubing and galvinized sheeting. My issue with the shed is the height, in which it is about 2 feet higher than the wooden fencing seperating the gardens.

Is he legally allowed to build a shed to any height on his property, or is their guidelines as to the limit it may reach?

Thanks

Maybe it's high because he's growing marijuana in it?

I'm fairly sure there are guidelines in relation to the height. You can consult this in the planning office. I don't think the height of the fence is a factor in relation to the height of the shed but the height permitted may depend on the distance from the boundary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

3 meters external height is the limit

Advertisement