Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Denmark

Options
  • 02-06-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I've signed up for this one, on June 13th.

Any Irish folk signed up for this?

If so, did anyone see the posts on the event facebook page re water temp? it's currently a 'crisp' 13 degrees, less than 2 weeks before the event! They will cancel the swim portion if it doesn't stay above 13 and they will shorten the course if it stays between 13 & 16 degrees.

Uh oh...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Athy was 12.5 degrees at the weekend and most folks were pretty warm at the end of a 1500 swim, just to put it in perspective :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I would be very unimpressed if my ironman course was shortened

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭altercor

The way I see it (and this isn't my first IM, but was going to be my last) is that it just isn't an Ironman! So, I'll have to go again!

I don't like the swim but I'd rather do it than not!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭altercor

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Athy was 12.5 degrees at the weekend and most folks were pretty warm at the end of a 1500 swim, just to put it in perspective :)

We all know Irish folk are hardy folk!

Advertisement