Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Level 6 full award?? Help!

Options
  • 01-06-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I done my level 5 last year, passed everything and got the full award, this year I done my level 6 which had 9 modules, one of them modules was a level 5, so there was 8 level 6 modules and 1 level 5 module I passed all my modules (including the level 5) expect 1 level 6 one. do I still get my full award because I passed 8 modules, but one of them was a level 5. Just need to help, can't find any info online and friends are not sure either

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Hi,

I done my level 5 last year, passed everything and got the full award, this year I done my level 6 which had 9 modules, one of them modules was a level 5, so there was 8 level 6 modules and 1 level 5 module I passed all my modules (including the level 5) expect 1 level 6 one. do I still get my full award because I passed 8 modules, but one of them was a level 5. Just need to help, can't find any info online and friends are not sure either

Thanks

Yes once you passed all the modules you get a cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JackBoltCurran

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Yes once you passed all the modules you get a cert.

I Failed one though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I Failed one though?

You should have a chance to repeat that module and passing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

The issue is...did you fail a mandatory Level 6 module? If so, you would have failed the course. In PLC courses you are entitled to appeal any result you feel is unfair. However, "repeat" exams may not be available until the following academic year so I would suggest that you please contact the centre you attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JackBoltCurran

mvron wrote: »
    The issue is...did you fail a mandatory Level 6 module? If so, you would have failed the course. In PLC courses you are entitled to appeal any result you feel is unfair. However, "repeat" exams may not be available until the following academic year so I would suggest that you please contact the centre you attended.

I passed all my mandatory level 6 modules though, Im just really confused.

Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

You need to check what is necessary for your full award - not just the mandatory programmes but also the number of credits you hold. So go onto the QQI website http://qsearch.qqi.ie/WebPart/Search?searchtype=awards and search for your award details.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mikee64

Once you passed the Mandatory subjects you are fine. You need to have passed 8 modules for the full cert and you are allowed to carry over 15 credits from level 5 which is normally one module so your grand :)

Advertisement