Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Job for 16 year old.

Options
  • 01-06-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I'm 16 years old and am in real need of a summer job just for a little money. I live in tallaght and was wondering does anyone know anywhere hiring. I have handed out over 20 cvs and have received no call backs. I am very hard working and a fast learner and have small experience with work experience in school.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Db42798 wrote:
    Hi I'm 16 years old and am in real need of a summer job just for a little money. I live in tallaght and was wondering does anyone know anywhere hiring. I have handed out over 20 cvs and have received no call backs. I am very hard working and a fast learner and have small experience with work experience in school.

You will need to go further afield. Try Town, Liffey Valley, Dundrum Blancherdstown, Swords etc. 20 isn't very many by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Db42798

You will need to go further afield. Try Town, Liffey Valley, Dundrum Blancherdstown, Swords etc. 20 isn't very many by the way.

I have tried town and Liffey valley

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Handing out CVs is not enough, many simply get chucked. You need to stand out. You should ask to speak with a manager/supervisor about upcoming vacancies. Ask older family friends if they know anyone hiring etc. Keep a record of where you've enquired about work and call them back. Remind them that you were in the previous week and are still available. You have to show perspective employers that you are interested in working and have some drive. Dont give up. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

How much is "a little money"? Have you considered Youthreach or a Solas course for the Summer? You should be entitled to €40 per week.

Edit: actually that's terrible advice as I presume you intend on going back to school in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Handing in CVs rarely results in a job, unless the company are specifically advertising for staff. Use every contact you (or your parents) have. Phone the place you did work experience for to see if they can help. Lots of summer camps seem to employ students so try those locally. You may have left this a little late as I was approached by people about 6 weeks ago (no, I have no vacancies lol!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Would you be willing to work as a kp (washing dishes, mopping floors, etc...) in a pub in Harolds Cross?

Advertisement