Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR won't give me payslips

Options
  • 01-06-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭

I started working for a small company in March and the HR person there has been giving me a lot of problems. First of all he didn't give me a copy of my contract when I started (I had to ask him for it). Then he queried me about expenses asking why did it cost so much for a train ticket I expensed (I was fully entitled to it).
    Then when I submitted my expense claim I wasn't reimbursed. When I asked him why he said he had forgotten and reimbursed me. I didn't get a payslip for my first month so I asked him for it and got it in a pdf by email (I work in different location to the HQ so I don't meet him). It was pin- protected but I didn't get the pin so I had to ask him for that.
    However since then I have not got any further payslips (for April or May). I emailed him last Friday asking for them but I have not got a reply. I am getting paid and on time but I would still like to see the breakdown of my hours etc.
    Everything seems to be an inconvenience to him (when all I have asked him to do is what it is his job to do). He has a very flippant manner and I am fairly fed up with him. Should I call him on the phone and tear a strip off him or else just complain to the CEO?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭webpal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

webpal wrote: »

Yes when I googled for it I found that link

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Bring up the issue with your line manager. Be professional about it. Explain that there must be a misunderstanding because obviously you shouldn't have to beg for a payslip every month. Are you supposed to download it yourself from somewhere maybe?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Actually I've just re-read your mail, and it sounds like he doesn't like his job. Talk to your boss. Again, be professional about it, backup what you are saying, and don't make any personal attacks.

Oink wrote: »
    Bring up the issue with your line manager. Be professional about it. Explain that there must be a misunderstanding because obviously you shouldn't have to beg for a payslip every month. Are you supposed to download it yourself from somewhere maybe?

No I wasn't told anything about that. I am pretty sure we are supposed to be sent them by email. I can confirm that.
    I could talk to my manager but I would rather go to the top 'cause I want this guy to get told to do his job. My manager has no authority over him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

Like others have said bring the matter up with your line manager, you are of course entitled to a payslip as and when payment is issued should never have to beg for one. Also hus attitude towards you claiming your expenses has to be brought up he is entitled to questions all expenses but to just forget to pay them after he questioned it would piss me off something unreal I would have to pull him up on it.

If nothing changes I would make a diary of all contacts you have with him and when u feel u have enough I would speak to the CEO of the company its simply unacceptable having somebody behave as he does

Another person who works in there said he is a [insert expletive here] so I am not the only one he has p###ed off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

lukin wrote: »
    No I wasn't told anything about that. I am pretty sure we are supposed to be sent them by email. I can confirm that.
    I could talk to my manager but I would rather go to the top 'cause I want this guy to get told to do his job. My manager has no authority over him.

Don't do that. The person at the top will not deal with this, and will just pass it down...likely to your line manager....and you'll look like the crazy person.

Go to your line manager, they can raise with the hr guy. If it still does not get sorted go to your line manager again and they can raise with the hr guys line manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

To do it properly would be best so go to your manager first. Then escalate to the next level if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Go to your manager. Youve just started working there, you'll look a right dick going above your manager so early. Show your manager some respect.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Go to your manager. Youve just started working there, you'll look a right dick going above your manager so early. Show your manager some respect.

Yes I suppose you are right. I am just so annoyed I am no thinking straight.

I got them off him anyway but no such thing as "Oh sorry I should have given them to you already" (that's what a civilized person would do).
    If it'snot provided next month and I have to ask him for it then I will take the matter to my manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

lukin wrote: »
    I got them off him anyway but no such thing as "Oh sorry I should have given them to you already" (that's what a civilized person would do).
    If it'snot provided next month and I have to ask him for it then I will take the matter to my manager.
    just out of intrest , If you are getting them by email. It may be worth right clicking on the file click properties go to details tab and see when the file is created(under origin)

He may not be doing them until you ask him for them( so the timestamp would be just before the email reply im guessing, instead of weeks ago)

Advertisement