Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyProtein accusing me of "doctoring" a PDF file

Options
  • 01-06-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I am lost for words with this shower.

MyProtein shipped my order to my billing address instead of my delivery address.

I am 100% sure that I input the correct addresses in the correct boxes; the confirmation email even had my Delivery address and Billing address marked correctly.

However, when I log into the website, the addresses are flipped for some bizarre reason.

I have gotten in touch with them, and sent a screenshot of the email (as a PDF) to them, and they are now accusing me of "doctoring" the document.

I am absolutely furious right now - it's not just about the missing €50 worth of goods at this stage - it's about the false accusations.

What do you suggest is the best course of action?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Cathalog wrote: »
    I am lost for words with this shower.

MyProtein shipped my order to my billing address instead of my delivery address.

I am 100% sure that I input the correct addresses in the correct boxes; the confirmation email even had my Delivery address and Billing address marked correctly.

However, when I log into the website, the addresses are flipped for some bizarre reason.

I have gotten in touch with them, and sent a screenshot of the email (as a PDF) to them, and they are now accusing me of "doctoring" the document.

I am absolutely furious right now - it's not just about the missing €50 worth of goods at this stage - it's about the false accusations.

What do you suggest is the best course of action?

How are the goods "missing" if they were sent to your billing address? your billing address is the address you gave the bank for your card and to which your statements are sent. It's therefore fair to assume you have some association with your billing address, why would it be missing if it was sent there?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

davo10 wrote: »
    How are the goods "missing" if they were sent to your billing address? your billing address is the address you gave the bank for your card and to which your statements are sent. It's therefore fair to assume you have some association with your billing address, why would it be missing if it was sent there?

I'm not actually living there at present. I come back occasionally, but why should I have to bring all the goods back to my other address? They weigh about 8kg and take up loads of space - how am I supposed to bring them back on a train/bus followed by a 15 minute walk?

The contract between me and MyProtein clearly states that the goods are to be delivered to my delivery address and not my billing address. They messed up - why should I be the one to have to deal with it?

I forgot to mention, when the courier called me, I told him that the address was incorrect - I didn't accept delivery.

EDIT: My bank statements are sent to me online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Do a charge back due to non-delivery of goods through your bank?

Do a charge back due to non-delivery of goods through your bank?

Yeah, I was thinking that, or going through Distance Selling Regulations.

Not sure what the best option is.

Thanks.

I'm not actually living there at present. I come back occasionally, but why should I have to bring all the goods back to my other address? They weigh about 8kg and take up loads of space - how am I supposed to bring them back on a train/bus followed by a 15 minute walk?

The contract between me and MyProtein clearly states that the goods are to be delivered to my delivery address and not my billing address. They messed up - why should I be the one to have to deal with it?

I forgot to mention, when the courier called me, I told him that the address was incorrect - I didn't accept delivery.

EDIT: My bank statements are sent to me online.

Why not change your billing address to your current place of residence? For gods sake whats the big deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

I'd be inclined to cancel the order and find an alternative for the future. They don't seem worth dealing with if this is how they react to problems. Personally, I'd request the cancellation from them, pointing out it's a full refund, not minus shipping costs. If there's any further difficulty, go with the chargeback.
    Why not change your billing address to your current place of residence? For gods sake whats the big deal?

I'd imagine the accusations for one. Not exactly the kind of response that inspires confidence in their customer service. I also get the impression they're not willing to resend it, despite the order being returned to them.
    The billing address is for payment details = changing details with the bank, which requires proof of a permanent address. I've never had a problem with keeping my billing address constant and using a current address for delivery. I've moved quite a bit in the past years and never had this happen.
    Would you find this acceptable if it was a gift to be delivered directly? Aside from that, sure it was mistake on the company's part, that's forgivable if they would own up and correct it.

kc90 wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to cancel the order and find an alternative for the future. They don't seem worth dealing with if this is how they react to problems. Personally, I'd request the cancellation from them, pointing out it's a full refund, not minus shipping costs. If there's any further difficulty, go with the chargeback.

I'd imagine the accusations for one. Not exactly the kind of response that inspires confidence in their customer service. I also get the impression they're not willing to resend it, despite the order being returned to them.
    The billing address is for payment details = changing details with the bank, which requires proof of a permanent address. I've never had a problem with keeping my billing address constant and using a current address for delivery. I've moved quite a bit in the past years and never had this happen.
    Would you find this acceptable if it was a gift to be delivered directly? Aside from that, sure it was mistake on the company's part, that's forgivable if they would own up and correct it.

Yeah, it will be the last time I use them. Horrendous customer service.

I highly doubt they'd accept a cancellation, judging by their response to my other issue. Worth a shot though.

For the record, I doubt DPD has returned the package to then yet, given the bank holiday weekend. Will be interesting to see what happens when/if they do have the parcel returned to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

I think some people are missing the point here. The seller has messed up, it's up to them to fix the issue.

mada82 wrote: »
    I think some people are missing the point here. The seller has messed up, it's up to them to fix the issue.

They delivered to the billing address, op should just phone DPD and arrange to pick it up or ask them to deliver to the correct address, it's not as if they delivered to a random address. No big deal, is the op in danger of suffering from supplement withdrawal?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

They delivered to the billing address, op should just phone DPD and arrange to pick it up or ask them to deliver to the correct address, it's not as if they delivered to a random address. No big deal, is the op in danger of suffering from supplement withdrawal?

Yea they delivered to the wrong address. That's why there's a separate section for delivery and billing.

If it doesn't suit the OP to collect from the billing address then he doesn't have to.

• Advertisement

This is a ridiculous post. I can't really tell if you're just trolling. Are you willing to just accept this crap from online retailers all the time? Why should one just accept it when I get a service that isn't up to the standard that I expected?

Give me one good reason why I should be inconvenienced by having to travel across the country with an 8kg package, when it was entirely the retailers fault.

Just read your last statement there. It is clear you're trolling.

The mind boggles at how many people are willing to accept poor service from retailers on this thread.

I remember my Junior Cert business teacher telling my "Irish people don't complain enough" (in relation to consumer issues), and I thought she was mad! It's clear she has a very valid point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Cathalog If you feel someone is trolling then report the post and let the mods handle it. Do not accuse others in thread.

This is a ridiculous post. I can't really tell if you're just trolling. Are you willing to just accept this crap from online retailers all the time? Why should one just accept it when I get a service that isn't up to the standard that I expected?

Give me one good reason why I should be inconvenienced by having to travel across the country with an 8kg package, when it was entirely the retailers fault.

Just read your last statement there. It is clear you're trolling.

To be fair, you didn't say you had to travel to the other side of Ireland to pick it up. Some retailers will only deliver to the billing address to guard against card fraud. Again, perhaps you should consider changing your billing address to account for the fact you don't live there anymore, I know I wouldn't want my bank correspondence going to a rented property.

Advertisement