Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shipping Piece of Furniture from Germany

Options
  • 01-06-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a piece of furniture from Germany and have it shipped to Ireland. The costs of air freight is crazy so I'm trying to find out if there are cheaper options via road. Time is not an issue for me so I don't mind waiting a few weeks for delivery.

Just wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of which companies to use for cheap and "reliable" road freight from Germany. The furniture piece is 100cm x 110cm x 45cm and weights 40kg.

Many thanks
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shaneh

Hi, can anyone provide help with this?

Many thanks
    Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Loads of road services available - and it woudl be the nrom. Air freight would be for small valuable items that are needed urgently.

3/4 days road service would be standard.

If it a large piece, then it will probably need to be on a pallet. Any pallet delivery compnay would do - check for a local service via http://www.tpn.ie/

If its a boxed piece under 30kg, GLS or DPD would be options.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shaneh

Super, thanks a lot delahuntv. I contacted the Local Depot for TPN who put me in touch with a company called Gerish that ship pallets from Germany so just waiting on a quote from them now.

Advertisement