Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apaluda Aquathlons

Options
  • 31-05-2015 10:28pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.aplauda.com/

Anyone know anything about these? Sandymount and Killiney are handy spots for me for Aquathlons...so interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Don't know anything about them but I did apply for both since they are just around the corner and guys at the pool said they are nice :) I'm awaiting for next week one as my first sea swim in Ireland actually so really happy about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

I did their pool event in West Wood. They seem pretty well organisied - there were a few minor issues but I think you expect that with a new race. Overall I was very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

What a shambles of an event today. The lack of organisation was unbelievable. Thankfully I'll be away on holidays for their next event in Killiney.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What a shambles of an event today. The lack of organisation was unbelievable. Thankfully I'll be away on holidays for their next event in Killiney.

I didn't do it when I saw the price. Would rather give 20 quid to a club event, though club events tend to be €15 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

I wouldn't entirely agree on this. It ended up quite funny and bad, but if the weather was better everything would be just fine, at least as good as in TriAthy and you have to keep in mind you payed 3x less for this one (+ you didn't get anything for free there).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan (and will write a blog review soon) but I wouldn't say it was worst ever, at least not for the price...

EDIT: anybody heard/knows when can we expect results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

It started over an hour and a half late! TI officials walked away from the event withdrawing their support. It was like a comedy of errors watching them (eventually) trying to lay out a swim course which changed by the minute. Three guys just gave up and just went for their own swim. Those that stuck it out got to swim about 300m. No results to be found yet.

iAcesHigh - "It ended up quite funny and bad" - Bad, yes and I suppose it was funny to watch the comedy of errors. Better to laugh than cry!

Advertisement