Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant + Inheritance

Options
  • 31-05-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering how does inheritance affect the Susi Grant?
    I will be going into first year of college and last year one of my parents received inheritance from a family member (10,000€)

Will this be counted as normal income and not allow me to qualify for a grant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

lumosteph wrote: »
    Hi, I am just wondering how does inheritance affect the Susi Grant?
    I will be going into first year of college and last year one of my parents received inheritance from a family member (10,000€)

Will this be counted as normal income and not allow me to qualify for a grant?

AN inheritance from a Family member is not counted but evidence to show where it came from is required to show it is in fact an inheritance from family.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Sup08 wrote: »
    AN inheritance from a Family member is not counted but evidence to show where it came from is required to show it is in fact an inheritance from family.

Thank you for your reply!

Advertisement