Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funfair/carnival thread

Options
  • 31-05-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

basically what are you favorite funfair rides and basically to mention any funfairs that are coming up or happening at the moment big or small.

At the moment my town mitchelstown is having the festival of the galtees.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Also circuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Craggy Islands Crane of Death is my favourite. Its called that after some young fella was killed on it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The yellow yolk in Mosney, you stood up in it and it spun around. The g-force would pin you to the wall of it

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

craggy island funfair is my personal favorite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The bumper cars were always the best. You could never quite get enough speed to make a damaging blow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Rollercoasters. Amazing quick fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Freak pointing.

One of my faves is the "volksfest" in Stuttgart. I have ended up there twice and each time I rush to the exact same point. As with most volksfests in germany its a mix of funfair rides funderland styleee - and a simple beer festival with beer tents.

But there is a big wheel which they suspend JUST over the entrance of one of the beer tents in Stuttgart. And the best thing to do is to run over to the entrance and throw a beer glass up at it.

From the perspective of the ground you really think it is going to hit someone - but it never does.

And from being on the ride when people have thrown one up at me you are similarly convinced it is going to hit you but it never does.

It is the one ride I have ever been on that is similarly scary from the ground as it is from the chair.

So there you go. Cannstatter Volksfest it is called. Better than the munich beer fest if you ask me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Funfairs aren't fun. They're depressing.

• Advertisement

Oh man I have house parties that need you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

I miss the hurdie-gurdies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I know a woman who lost her hand in a bizarre Swing-Boat accident as a kid.

The rope wrapped around and severed her hand off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Theres always a fun fair in swords by pavilions, but I've never been to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Funfairs aren't fun. They're depressing.

They are depressingfairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Miall108 wrote: »
    Craggy Islands Crane of Death is my favourite. Its called that after some young fella was killed on it last year
    I remember when that child got lodged in the tunnel of goats, and then the nurse. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

The one with yer man on the ladder and you've to like taunt and see how close you can get. That always spooked me in the Father Ted bit.

Advertisement