Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat 130 Berlina

Options
  • 31-05-2015 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Has anyone out there got any experience with a Fiat 130 Berlina. I'm seriously contemplating taking a trip to Italy and bringing one back. I have a few old fiats but I have never driven a 130, but I absolutely love the look of the saloon.
    If I do go for it, it will have to be my daily driver. Am I mad, or is there anyone else out there that thinks they are beautiful cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ben9195

Thread warily! Most of the old fiat models developed major rust problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Can't offer any advise but I'd love one, stunning looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Beautiful car, but as already said beware of the tin worm. They were practically soluble when they were new. I can't even imagine what they would be like 30 odd years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Exporting a car from Italy is notoriously difficult - beware!

Apart from that, best of luck finding one. Let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

DSC09782.jpg

Seen this rare RHD one at a few shows.

There is one for sale in the UK.
    UK 130

and one in The Netherlands
    Dutch 130

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

check out AUTO SCOUT 24 just brought back a lancia fulvia from Belgium for about 1/2 of the price of the ones in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Brave indeed but the world needs brave men buying Fiats. As has been mentioned, buying a car from Italy has its problems but not impossible. Remember my Dino right? Anyway, I think it sounds like an awesome idea and one that should be discussed over a pint :-)

CFD

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

Drove one once. It was remarkably free from rust and very spacious.

Although the folks at Wikipedia disagree, I found it very powerful. Then again, at the time I suppose almost anything would have appeared powerful in comparison to my 956cc Renault 5. I was told that they were very thirsty and heavy on tyres, but I don't imagine beanderb4 would give it the use for either to be a serious problem.

Personally always preferred the Pininfarina-designed Coupé:

1280px-Fiat_130_Coupe_at_Earls_Court.jpg

Saw one of these a couple of months ago at the Applegreen filling station in Mount Merrion, but it was tatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Only 15,000 built so rare new even. Just shows that big fiats never really sold when there was competition from lancia and alfa in that market.

Wheeler dealers imported a coupe from france or italy in an episode from 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

There used to be a blue one in Rathgar aroung 1980. I think the reg was 9999ZH

• Advertisement
Advertisement