Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M Licence Insurance 45KM> ?

Options
  • 30-05-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Howdy Lads!
    Ive been a browser on here for years but this is actually my very first post.
    Im 18 years of age and I have my Provisional BW Drivers License and an M Provisional also.

My cousin is selling his RS50 and I told him I would buy it, just one small problem!

Although the bike is 50cc, I know for a fact it can go well over 45KM/H. Does this mean I am unable to drive it, as the M License states that you cant ride a bike which can breach that speed! Im a bit new to the biking scene so any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

KMan :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Looks like you will need to do a theory test for Motorcycles and then get a Learner permit ( 18 yr old will qualify for A2 ) then do IBT, before you can use any motorcycle or scooter on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

M is for scooters only, any gear driven bike requires a motorbike liscence

Advertisement