Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Photos

Options
  • 30-05-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I have a HTC One Mini (M7) When I take pictures on my phone it automatically uploaded's the pictures to Google photos. What I am wondering is that if I delete pictures on my phone will they still be available on Google photos or drop box ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

cullow123 wrote: »
    I have a HTC One Mini (M7) When I take pictures on my phone it automatically uploaded's the pictures to Google photos. What I am wondering is that if I delete pictures on my phone will they still be available on Google photos or drop box ?.

Yes, that's the idea of backing up to the cloud. If you delete them there'll be a copy online, if you delete them in the app you'll be asked if you want to delete them everywhere or just on the device.
    Why are you using Google photos and Dropbox online backup, both do exactly the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Yeah so long as they have uploaded to Google photos, they'll still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Yes, that's the idea of backing up to the cloud. If you delete them there'll be a copy online, if you delete them in the app you'll be asked if you want to delete them everywhere or just on the device.
    Why are you using Google photos and Dropbox online backup, both do exactly the same thing?

why I have it set-up on Google photos as well as drop box is just in case I cannot get access to one online backup then I have the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

cullow123 wrote: »
    why I have it set-up on Google photos as well as drop box is just in case I cannot get access to one online backup then I have the other.

Why would you be able to access one and not the other? No harm I suppose, I did use Dropbox myself for a time but migrated all my collection to Google Drive when the free Dropbox space I had was due to expire and now only use Google Photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

All our photos in the house are put on to a PC D Drive. (auto sync from phones and manual upload from various cameras) This backs up to an external drive on a weekly basis.
    I then back up to Google Photos at the compressed size and also to Flickr at full size as it has 1TB free.
    Would be gutted to lose any photos so important to double up everything!!!

New Google photos is looking good but it lacks Chromecast support so far but I am sure it will come soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement