Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Study concludes CTs will believe anything you tell them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

It's kind of like making fun of religious people... lol
    I came from a religious background and after losing faith in a God(which is quite disturbing at a foundatonal level of security, unconsciously), I had to fill the gap with some other faith.
    I stumbled into CT's which had a sufficient amount of fantasy to entertain my need for faith and paranoia, with a sufficient amount of scientific talk to entertain my need for reality confirmation of my paranoia.

For a long time my grounding in research was based on faith and belief.
    This is the mechanic that is covered in the video when talking about CTs.
    It is also connected to a CT I have with regards mind control via social movements, like the "New Age" movements. New faith or religion for the 21st century.
    For this reason and from experience, I would reccomend people to get into philosophy.
    Nietzsche taught me how to set belief aside and open up more options.
    Now I don't believe in much at all. But I can still entertain CTs and science as if they were fact(scientific facts philosophically speaking are assumptions) or a real paradigm. I have many paradigms for many things and they all run at the same time. Either could be the case or not at all.

What I lerned from a past like mine, having lived many different types of life styles, is that openly opposing beliefs will cause people to dig further into them(prtoection mechanic in the ego).
    What people need is to feel that they found things themselves. When ideas come from the self or appear to, they are more safe to accept.
    I had to learn the hard way and I'm so much more forgiving of others views because of that.
    The "skeptics" we had pushing hard on the CT forum in my view where the driving force for CTs.
    In some ways, removing that conflict should inherently weaken the ct forum. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)
    So I welcome all theories and rebuttles. Bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

personally i will give most theories a glance. if one piques my interest, i will investigate it further and decide to believe it or not, based on my own conclusions.

if it doesnt interest me, i probably wont even bother looking into it.

on this:
    The "skeptics" we had pushing hard on the CT forum in my view where the driving force for CTs.

a few of them definitely helped drive arguments along but unfortunately there were too many of those that cherry picked a half sentence here and ignored evidence there...

to this day im waiting on a certain poster (very outspoken on 911), to give a reply to a question i asked regarding the paper trail of money. ive quoted the original time and again and asked for their answer. they ignore it and keep posting away (on the same thread) like it doesnt exist.
    those type of people do nothing but stifle debate by passive aggression. they belong in the 'after hours' 911 threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Non conspiracy theorists are just as stupid/intelligent as everyone else.

I'm sure there are people out there who subscribe to certain theories without having checked them fully.

In my opinion if someone subscribes to something 911 conspiracy or JFK and has looked into it then fair enough. At least there is something behind these. Its the silly ones that let some people down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Seems to be very belief based alright

Have often found that certain types of people will discredit official versions of events only to validate their own narrative or belief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Seems to be very belief based alright

Have often found that certain types of people will discredit official versions of events only to validate their own narrative or belief

Twist the facts to fit the frame. I've seen it. I just avoid any CT person in real life. Not worth the energy.

• Advertisement

The best way to learn at a fundamental level, is to make as many mistakes as possible and with hindsight understand the many "why"s involved.
    That's just how the animal brain works, as it uses our senses to build maps or models of our reality to help us coordinate our selves.
    Those who fail to explore ideas fully, fail to expand their consciousness.
    The mind becomes limited and relegated to run on preset ideologies and routines.
    Don't get me wrong, I see a use for linear thinking and staying inside an ordered framework. Just not with intellectual exploration.

The issue with the stereo typical "conspiracy theorist" and the stereo typical "skeptic", is that they have not understood/questioned their own "why"s.
    Once we question our own foundations of belief, we start to understand why we need to be most skeptical of ourselves.

A conspiracy theory that might be highlighted by the video posted above, is that the "powers that be" want to further this polarization, giving more ground to "skeptics" and "conspircy theorists" at the same time.
    Using agents of social manipulation to further alienate the middle ground, where the combination of skepticism and conspiracy theory exist.
    Fence sitters unite!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Saipanne wrote: »
    Twist the facts to fit the frame. I've seen it. I just avoid any CT person in real life. Not worth the energy.

Thanks for the text book example
    “If I call you a conspiracy theorist, it matters little whether you have actually claimed that a conspiracy exists or whether you have simply raised an issue that I would rather avoid… By labeling you, I strategically exclude you from the sphere where public speech, debate, and conflict occur.”

from http://works.bepress.com/ginna_husting/3/ (peer reviewed)

weisses wrote: »
    Thanks for the text book example

from http://works.bepress.com/ginna_husting/3/ (peer reviewed)

It's not the content of what you say, it's the way you say it that puts me off your kind.

Quite frankly, I've better things to be doing on a given social night out.

It's not the content of what you say, it's the way you say it that puts me off your kind.

The Truth can be unsettling sometimes
    Quite frankly, I've better things to be doing on a given social night out.

Good for you

Just reminded me of this clip

• Advertisement

You're getting obsessed.

:)

You're getting obsessed.

:)

Indeed I cannot seem to get this right

Foruminformationtool.jpg

:rolleyes:

I got this far

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJcdetaZ341J7Y-CNYYbKjCzVgaun1iLmH8W7eTzzsCle741QpBA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I love it, I always ask them who exactly did it and how and details

It's like kryptonite

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I love it, I always ask them who exactly did it and how and details

It's like kryptonite

So basically you confirm/admit Conspiracy theorists are kinda like superman .... We knew this all along but its nice to see it confirmed by an outside source

Superman is Jesus reincarnated :p
    Society always needs a Jesus archetype to virtually cleanse the temples of vendors. It allows us to carry on thinking something is being done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Overheal wrote: »

Study concludes CTs will believe anything you tell them

Except a lot of the bullsh!t governments and mainstream media spews out

So these guys tried to ascertain whether CTs were gullible idiots
    And they used the gullible idiots on Facebook for their data
    Cant see any Nobel prizes coming their way for this research

Survey: 41% of Facebook Users Total IDiots

http://allthingsd.com/20070814/facebook-privacy/

Lots Of Facebook Users Are Idiots, Says Consumer Reports

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/05/04/lots-of-facebook-users-are-idiots-says-consumer-reports/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just curious what percentage of FB and youtube users are trolls in that report, besides the ones conducting the report.

just curious what percentage of FB and youtube users are trolls in that report, besides the ones conducting the report.

Government agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Government agents?

funny you should say that, i've heard that used against rational debate on FB and YT - it's like a last line of defense, when logic fails call them G-Men :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 710 ✭✭✭omnithanos

Isn't the opposite the case, that non CT's will generally believe anything the Government tell them?
    Like Passports can survive intact when a plane disintegrates, or that a 124 foot wide plane can fit into a 16 foot wide hole while 85 cameras miss the event, or that someone can make two phone calls from a plane with the same device at the same time or that a plane crashing into a building can cause it to uniformly collapse and produce a river of molten steel?

omnithanos wrote: »
    Isn't the opposite the case, that non CT's will generally believe anything the Government tell them?
    Like Passports can survive intact when a plane disintegrates, or that a 124 foot wide plane can fit into a 16 foot wide hole while 85 cameras miss the event, or that someone can make two phone calls from a plane with the same device at the same time or that a plane crashing into a building can cause it to uniformly collapse and produce a river of molten steel?

No, that's sadly the assumption most CT types make, calling unbelivers "sheeple" or some other childish moniker.

The real truth is that most people are apathetic to your conspiracy events. They hear about such events, say "that's too baaaaad" (sheep joke for you guys) and carry on with their lives. You mistake this for people swallowing the official story, but in reality people just don't care about far removed events like 9/11.

For example, look how unwilling "sheeple" are to swallow the official story when it's closer to the bone. Denis O Brien, Irish Water, etc. Most people think that there is a scam going on there, no matter what the government say. Most of these same people just don't care about 9/11. I know I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

People don't get their news from the government. They get them from newspapers, TV, Radio and all the internet sources.

Like Passports can survive intact when a plane disintegrates,
    It probably could happen. I wouldn't expect it to happen but I wouldn't be surprised to find a passport that survived a crash intact.

or that a 124 foot wide plane can fit into a 16 foot wide hole while 85 cameras miss the event,
    So what size hole should the plane have left? 124ft?
    or that someone can make two phone calls from a plane with the same device at the same time
    It's called conference calling, most phones have been able to do it for the last ten years.
    or that a plane crashing into a building can cause it to uniformly collapse and produce a river of molten steel?
    Even though we all watched it happen on TV.

ScumLord wrote: »
    People don't get their news from the government. They get them from newspapers, TV, Radio and all the internet sources.

We know they control the Media and feed them their stories like the BBC who had a reporter tell us live that building 7 had collapsed when we could see it in the background behind her and it didn't fall for another 20 minutes.

It probably could happen. I wouldn't expect it to happen but I wouldn't be surprised to find a passport that survived a crash intact.

We are told it happened at two different sites on the same day

So what size hole should the plane have left? 124ft?

Bigger than this hole made by a missile and where did the wings go?

a680_pentagon_hole_2050081722-18055.jpg

It's called conference calling, most phones have been able to do it for the last ten years.

So he did a conference call on his mobile while airborne in a hijack situation in 2001?

Even though we all watched it happen on TV.

Is this what you saw?

Have posts been deleted?

Quite ironic for a conspiracy forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,087 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You realize bbc could have news in their hand before they have broadcast rights to the footage?

Overheal wrote: »
    You realize bbc could have news in their hand before they have broadcast rights to the footage?

No they reported building 7 had collapsed before the event.

BBC3 also aired an episode of Family Guy starring Robin Williams with the main theme of suicide which concluded moments before the announcement of his death by suicide.

Well you seem to want to make more than a passing reference to 9/11 and want to turn this into another 9/11 thread. Stop. You are banned from the 9/11 forum and per the conditions of your last ban are treading the line into a permanent ban from CT. Any more posts from you that concern the 9/11 CT will result in a permanent ban, in addition to the the conditions we already established during your last ban (breaking forum rules, site rules, etc) which includes on thread arguing with mods. this should be a sufficiently salient final warning for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We know they control the Media and feed them their stories like the BBC who had a reporter tell us live that building 7 had collapsed when we could see it in the background behind her and it didn't fall for another 20 minutes.
    You have one incident and that means every news media group in the world is under the control or the... American government?? There are plenty of reasons the BBC said the number they did, a mistake is the most likely explanation, that they were reading from a script is one of the more unlikely ones.
    We are told it happened at two different sites on the same day
    That's not impossible or even that difficult to achieve.
    Bigger than this hole made by a missile and where did the wings go?
    Quite likely they could have simply evaporated. It's aluminium full of aviation fuel, Aluminium has a low melting point, you can see this yourself if you throw a aluminium can into a fire, it literally disappears (not melts). So the main bulk of the plane would have been the fuselage, which again is aluminium. The pentagon is a stone building, probably designed to take some abuse.

So he did a conference call on his mobile while airborne in a hijack situation in 2001?
    Possibly, a friend was telling me only yesterday he accidentally started a conference call with two people while his phone was in his pocket.

Is this what you saw?
    No, I haven't seen that WWF ad before??? :confused:

• Advertisement

Per my warning to Omnithanos all users please desist the 9/11 tangent on thread.

Advertisement