Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which tablet

Options
  • 30-05-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

Looking for some advice on which tablet to get budget is 200

It will be used to play games and youtube

I'm considering one of this 2 tablets:

Nexus 7 2013 or Lenovo Tab S8

Is it still still worth it getting the nexus 7?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'd avoid Lenovo found that brand very difficult to use as computers/laptops. They are good though. I still think the nexus be a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

ldr wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Looking for some advice on which tablet to get budget is 200

It will be used to play games and youtube

I'm considering one of this 2 tablets:

Nexus 7 2013 or Lenovo Tab S8

Is it still still worth it getting the nexus 7?

Thank you

I have the nexus 7(2013) since day one and I would highly recommend it.it will play any games and is great for you tube.I find it really handy using the cast function on you tube.its a really great tablet.I can't comment on the lenovo,I never had one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

The Nexus 7 has a screen slightly above 1080p and while considered high in July 2013 it's a bit on the low side nowadays but will probably do ya grand.

I'm posting from one and it's still going along grand although the charging port is becoming a bit loose so that might be something to consider 2 years down the line!

TL;DR: I recommend the Nexus 7 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Thank you for the replies.

I was inclined to pick the lenovo only because I would buying something more recent vs buying something 2 years old plus the reviews aren't so bad.

currently I have the asus transformer tf300 which is becoming frustrating to use, (freezing and rebooting) and I also have the nexus 2012 but since the lollipop update its gone very slow for anything and every couple weeks have to factory reset it again.

I suppose another good thing about the nexus is the software updates

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

so I went and purchased the nexus.

Thank you for the advice, looks good, very different from the 2012 and for €199 for the 32Gb minus the €10 from the voucher you get back from argos not bad deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

You wont be sorry with your Nexus 7. My wife uses one and I love it.
    I also had a Asus 300 and when new a few years ago was a great tablet I found like yourself it was freezing and slow so i replaced it with a Nexus 9 and i am pleased with it.

Advertisement