Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to start Djing/producing music?

Options
  • 30-05-2015 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

So I'm 17 and I've had the idea in my head that I would like to get into djing and producing my own music and for awhile anyway I would just be toying with it at home, not trying to get gigs..

I know there is a sticky on this but it is from 06 and it seems (to me anyway) that most well known djs like Calvin Harris, Guetta etc.. Are using a laptop and cdjs not vinyls..

So what do I need to know/need to start djing at home to begin with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Seanf999 wrote: »
    So I'm 17 and I've had the idea in my head that I would like to get into djing and producing my own music and for awhile anyway I would just be toying with it at home, not trying to get gigs..

I know there is a sticky on this but it is from 06 and it seems (to me anyway) that most well known djs like Calvin Harris, Guetta etc.. Are using a laptop and cdjs not vinyls..

So what do I need to know/need to start djing at home to begin with?

For a basic start you can download Virtual Dj. You can operate solely from your laptop but for any real feel you'd need to invest in a controller. You'd probably pick up a decent second hand one on Adverts/Ebay. I can't really recommed any though as I'm on vinyls.

Advertisement