Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men in Steam Rooms

Options
  • 30-05-2015 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I've just seen a discussion, on another forum, about why men do so much grunting and groaning and huffing and puffing and gasping when they're in the steam room, compared to women who just sit their quietly. I've always noticed this in the steam room in Carlisle gym.

Some guy said it was because they felt that women might feel uncomfortable and that the men were eyeing them up and down in their swimsuits so they make all this noise to demonstrate that they're their to breathe in the steam etc etc and for no other reason. Seems like a strange reason to me, as surely panting and puffing is far more threatening and off putting that someone just sitting there minding their own business. Why would any woman even use the steam room if they felt uncomfortable with guys being in there as well?

So just out of curiosity, do the males on here agree with the above reason or otherwise why do they do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Is there a fair bit of movement under their towel when this is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Probably because they're more out of shape.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Well, I can't see with all that steam. I hope not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

No idea Bella Bella.

My own experience of a steam room/sauna was in Norway when visiting friends.

Family & neighbours were all over for a new years party & suggested we all retire to the sauna for some libations :confused:

OK says I, why not?

Off I trotted for the auld shorts, preserve the dignity like.

Long story short, I arrived into the sauna & they were all starkers, neighbours, the granny, fúcking everyone :eek:

Morto I was :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    No idea Bella Bella.

Family & neighbours were all over for a new years party & suggested we all retire to the sauna for some libations :confused:

OK says I, why not?

Long story short, I arrived into the sauna & they were all starkers, neighbours, the granny, fúcking everyone :eek:

Interesting point: do naked people make more noise than those wearing swimwear? This could be an indicator...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I'm usually panting because I'm tearing the hole off some nubile young twink.

#IVotedYes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

#VoteYes

I think that may be the most gross thing I've read on boards all week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I think that may be the most gross thing I've read on boards all week :pac:

Wait til you open my PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

#IVotedYes

Couldn't stop laughing at this.

I blame the internet.

There's always one immature creep, isn't there? :(

Pathetic post, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Madam, you opened this thread in After Hours. What exactly were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

In answer to the OP I like to breathe in the steam. Don't think I do it loudly and doubt it's because I'm male but next time I might be a bit self aware if people think it's pervy.

Think you could be seeing something that might not be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

The moral of this thread is that fanny is excellent.

Light hearted bit of banter Zainab Petite Treeless...chill ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

No idea Bella Bella.

OK says I, why not?

Was the Granny Hot!

..........................with all the steam?

As wrinkled as a Shar Pei :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

As wrinkled as a Shar Pei :eek:

Had to Google what that is.

Cute dogs but manky visual thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

No idea Bella

Long story short, I arrived into the sauna & they were all starkers, neighbours, the granny fúcking everyone :eek:

And you as well?

^ :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

Letting others men know am not asleep incase..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Collie D wrote: »
    Wait til you open my PM

Still waiting.

Creeper fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

identer wrote: »
    Letting others men know am not asleep incase..............
    Incase Collie D shows up....*joke*

testicle wrote: »
    Madam, you opened this thread in After Hours. What exactly were you expecting?

Well, not the kind of responses my 15 year old and his sniggering mates would come up with in the school yard. All for humour and wit. But that requires subtlety and intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

In reply to the OP, I've been in gyms for years and used steam rooms and saunas the whole time and I've never noticed this phenomenon. I do think women a predisposed to assuming men in these situations are perving on them when typically they aren't at least not beyond simply looking at a person when they come into their field of vision. Also that twink post was very funny, you need a sense of humor in AH

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well, not the kind of responses my 15 year old and his sniggering mates would come up with in the school yard. All for humour and wit. But that requires subtlety and intelligence.

You're looking for humour, wit, subtlety and intelligence and you posted in AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Do you even After Hours Bro?

ah no all kidding aside, I've been in saunas and steam rooms but I can only last a couple of minutes so I've never gotten moans or grunts or squeaks*

*thats what she said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

You'd have been more morto if it had been the other way round and they were all in shorts and you starkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Mumsnet I take it OP?

Pay no mind to them. Bunch of misandric harumphers the lot of 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I'm sure I didn't click the LGBT forum... :confused:

Advertisement