Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 301 in 6 darts.

Options
  • 30-05-2015 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

I was playing with a bloke in the pub last night, and he went 180, single 20 treble 17, Bull. Some checkout, anyone on here ever do it? Theres a few ways to go on a six darter.

It's the first time I ever saw it in my local.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

I was playing with a bloke in the pub last night, and he went 180, single 20 treble 17, Bull. Some checkout, anyone on here ever do it? Theres a few ways to go on a six darter.

It's the first time I ever saw it in my local.

First time I've ever heard of a 301 game without Double in Double out rules tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Best I've done is an 8 dart 301 (twice). I generally do 301s as practice games. Doesn't require all perfect darts but leaves the bull if you miss any treble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I've only done it with electronic darts rules on the standard board and the electronic one. 5 Bulls (taking inner and outer as 50) and then T-17 to finish.
    Yeah, I know, a load of shtye but thems the rules!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

8 darts is the best I've managed. 301 is always double in though. Still good darts from your buddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

gramar wrote:
    I've only done it with electronic darts rules on the standard board and the electronic one. 5 Bulls (taking inner and outer as 50) and then T-17 to finish. Yeah, I know, a load of shtye but thems the rules!

Whats the rules, You have to hit 5 bulls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Whats the rules, You have to hit 5 bulls?

On electronic boards in 301 and 501 both inner and outer count as 50.
    The bull is a little bigger than on a standard board too so for scoring it makes sense to shoot for the bull.

You can also close on any number...single, double or treble...at least in the format we play so 5 bulls and T17 is the way to go for a 6 dart finish.
    Not for the purists though!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

yea managed to do it afew times 301 is always double in double out where I play so double 20 and 2 trebles make 160 and then your left with 141. the usual way would be treble 20,19 double 12, have had many many 160 scores to start off the leg but the 141 check is rare, keep practicing I suppose

Advertisement