Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dangers of Excessive seriousness.

Options
  • 30-05-2015 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/user/maninwhitedress
    My role as a clown, trickster and village idiot is to parody excessive seriousness by playing with taboos, rules, and social norms. My inspiration comes from my heart. I perform for smiles and laughter, loosening people's armor, and opening up a portal for imagination, creativity and love.

Do all the worlds evils come from excessive seriousness rather than anything else. Bankers politicians etc ....all way too bloody serious.

Seriousness raises walls and barriers.

Be silly ....let the love in ...let go ....let go of barriers and fear and mistrust...slip on that banana...fall on your arse!

Soap your arse and slide backwards up a rainbow!

Excessive seriousness ....hmm...beeeep

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Who is this clown? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Mathew Silverman..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Roll a big un or open a bottle of spirits and soak:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

There's room for both.

If you can be serious AND playful simultaneously that's a great skill to have!

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Actually you mean me don't you?

• Advertisement

There's room for both.

If you can be serious AND playful simultaneously that's a great skill to have!
    I just act like a twat. :)

Not sure excessive seriousness is the issue - so much as misplaced seriousness. Priorities in the wrong places and so forth. There is as much a place in our life for seriousness and silliness, for work and responsibility as much as fun and games. It is the alignment of those priorities that is key - not abandonment of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

He's an actor \ artist (code for dosser) and lives in a mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

Is that possible? i know one could be too playful but too serious??...It think being over serious is kinda cool, am just to playful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Not sure excessive seriousness is the issue - so much as misplaced seriousness. Priorities in the wrong places and so forth. There is as much a place in our life for seriousness and silliness, for work and responsibility as much as fun and games. It is the alignment of those priorities that is key - not abandonment of them.

Sheesh, lighten up

• Advertisement

Time and a place :)

Advertisement