Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Hamilton khaki

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm not normally of the extremely pernickety kind, but in this case the date absolutely ruins it for me.
    Too white, too prominent ... and the arse end of the cut "6" just looks awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Completely agree Peasant - it looks like a hasty afterthought.

Also, the case is 16mm thick. That's a thick case for an ordinary chrono. The movement is a Valjoux 7753, so it's not too exotic.

Are they just going for the 'hefty' look?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

It's nice but it will always be the poor relation to a Tutima 1941 or a Steinhart if you can get them at the right price. Don't get me started on Tutima's current pricing but I think you might find a secondand one at something like $1250 but then nobody in their right mind pays full price for a Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

peasant wrote: »
    I'm not normally of the extremely pernickety kind, but in this case the date absolutely ruins it for me.
    Too white, too prominent ... and the arse end of the cut "6" just looks awkward

Longines do this aswell and it looks awful. date looks like an afterthought.

Advertisement