Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nineteen rogue vs Zone3 Vanquish vs BlueSeventy Helix

Options
  • 29-05-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

All three get good reviews, just wondering about any personal experiences here?

I have decided to bypass mid-range and go for high-end (but not top end) to avoid any possibility of upgrade-itis lol! (do the velominati rules of N+1 also apply to non-bike related equipment ha ha?).

My 100m pace times are improving in the pool so I dont want to feel I am selling myself short this year with my poorly fitting and stiff Speedo wetsuit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

JohnBee wrote: »
    All three get good reviews, just wondering about any personal experiences here?

I have decided to bypass mid-range and go for high-end (but not top end) to avoid any possibility of upgrade-itis lol! (do the velominati rules of N+1 also apply to non-bike related equipment ha ha?).

My 100m pace times are improving in the pool so I dont want to feel I am selling myself short this year with my poorly fitting and stiff Speedo wetsuit.
    +1 Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The Vanquish would get my vote from those three based on feedback from users.

I wouldn't rule out this year's Orca Alpha if you are looking at that end of the market. http://www.orca.com/ie-en/mens-alpha-wetsuit/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

+1 Helix
    and most likely its not the very best for you as only 4 mm in legs . ( but its a very good one for upper body fit for you )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

peter kern wrote: »
    and most likely its not the very best for you as only 4 mm in legs . ( but its a very good one for upper body fit for you )

If there was any more thickness in legs id be floating above the water .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

AKW wrote: »
    The Vanquish would get my vote from those three based on feedback from users.

I wouldn't rule out this year's Orca Alpha if you are looking at that end of the market. http://www.orca.com/ie-en/mens-alpha-wetsuit/

I've an Orca Alpha, and I'm a big fan. Material is very thin and flexible, it's like a second skin, but given it's thinness you've gotta be very careful as it damages easily. I was lucky to get mine for less than half price in a sale but due to being a lard ass mine no longer fits me and the orca size chart chart tells me I need to loose about 8kgs to get back into it.

I also hear good things about the Zoot Zenith and last time I checked Cyclesuperstore had these on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

peter kern wrote: »

good point Peter. i've the blueseventy suit that has the additional lift in the legs.love it. but they don't make it anymore and i'm not sure the helix would be a good replacement for me, even though it's a great suit

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

I take it so that any of these would be top notch!

Advertisement