Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gauging how an interview went?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

so have an graduate interview with a mid tier firm yesterday(really want this one, due to culture,area, trainee program)

I was originally told that i would be applying for a role in the roles dept, but i happen to know there is a tax position open also.

how would you gauge an interview? i felt like it went pretty good, I went in with an open mind of just having a conversation as I had stuff prepped before but i really felt i have the attitude to suit the company.

I tried to be somewhat original with my answers such as( how would you handle if you got x to do, and it had to be done in 2 hours, my reply was try not to panic[we had already talked about pressure/time management situations]

but anyways any tips/advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

From my experience, if i have not heard by the following day i haven't gotten the job.
    However, interviews are impossible to gauge. Some may have a gender / geographic quotas to fill. I never worked in a big 4 but I assume graduate programmes in Big 4 are usually fairly evenly balanced with guys / girls / people from within and outside the pale / mature students?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

so being told that they have interviews next week and i should hear back in 1/2 weeks would be a bad sign?

Advertisement