Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FCP - need a card?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Just bought a 2nd hand leaf and was thinking of doing a bit of driving this weekend. I rang esb to check if they will be available on Sunday to remote start a charge point as my application for a card is being processed. They could not confirm such a service would be available. I asked if there is a list of fcp that do not need a card and I was told no such list exists. Is it a case all fcp are open access? Have people used the remote access at bank holiday weekends in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Not all need a card. Which ones you planning on using? If you're around Galway I can lend you a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭lfp

toadfly wrote: »
    Not all need a card. Which ones you planning on using? If you're around Galway I can lend you a card.
    That's a generous offer. I'm in Laois though. Points I'd be looking at are kilbeggan, athlone and ballaghaderren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

lfp wrote: »
    That's a generous offer. I'm in Laois though. Points I'd be looking at are kilbeggan, athlone and ballaghaderren.

Athlone and Ballaghaderren don't require a card, Kilbeggan does. Also all level 2 chargers require a card.

Mostly it's the efacec charges require a card. So if the rapid charger is on this map it definitely requires a card: http://ccs-map.eu/

After-hours and on bank holidays the emergency service will call an engineer who can start the charge remotely but you may be waiting over half an hour for the engineer to call you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

lfp wrote: »

Ya Kilbeggan does need one.

If you are on the FB page, post up there and someone will lend you a card that is near you.

Advertisement