Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused refund from Argos

Options
  • 29-05-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi ok got sorted shows cross so no refund on product tanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

This item is excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee. See the Additional Information panel for full details. Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights.

I am sure that would've been on the website or book in Argos. You should see a 'cross' symbol.

Was the camera broken/defective? Was the camera falsely advertised for having features it didn't?

If the answer is No to both of them, you are not entitled to a refund. If its yes, then your consumer rights come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,079 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "brand" is a heap of junk; but any digital camera should be able to take clear images if used properly. Attempting to return it as unwanted isn't going to work as you've no statutory rights and items with memory cards are explicitly excluded from their voluntary return policy but this sounds as if its faulty

If you do get it returned as faulty and get a refund rather than a replacement, buy a different brand. Polaroid, along with a number of other 'respectable' brands, is a necro of a bankrupt brand and has nothing to do with the brand of old. Nordmende, Grundig, etc are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Even if faulty (which I doubt as most posters would have made that point first time around) the OP is not immediately entitled to a refund not unless a repair or replacement is not possible. While the seller may choose to offer a refund he could equally choose to offer another unit of the same make/model or a different one of equivalent or better spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Many items such as cameras, memory sticks, ipads, computer games etc. are excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee in Argos usually for security reasons. The only way you can return is if there is a genuine fault and at stage you are more than likely to be offered a replacement as opposed to money back.

You would have more than likely been informed of this when you paid for your item- when the cashier in Argos entered the details of your product a flashing box would have appeared on his/her screen in relation to the exclusion if the product had an exclusion attached.

Also, I assume you would have used the in store screens or website to get the reference for your product and you should have seen the info regarding the exclusion at the bottom eg:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2627371/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780865%7CDigital+cameras%7C14419441.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭kz44

Hi guys argos rang me since put this up. We were not made aware when purchasing. But look u live and learn i guess. A replacement would have been fine, that said as someone just said crap make maybe but at 55e for a polaroid camera guess we learned the hard way. Just seems when photos are taken they seem blurry no matter what do. But thank u to all.

This camera was picked up 1 month ago didnt expect to have to refund it and look didnt read online. Person instore took 1 photo minus memory card said wasnt faulty and tough. That was that i guess. We will have to try sell and get better make I guess.

• Advertisement

At €55 you can't expect a high quality image, that's bottom end of the market prices.
    However that said if they claim the camera should be able to take clear images then that's what it should do.
    The IE826 boasts 18MP quality to take clear images

How did you assess the image, are you checking it on the tiny low-res display or have you uploaded the photo to a computer or printed it? You could go back to Argos with a laptop and repeat the exercise. If you get nowhere you could ask to see the manager or you can also try another branch (you don't have to deal with the original branch of a chain-store).

On-line reviews are not at all favourable which may help you refute their "clear images" description.
    http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-iE826-Optical-Digital-Camera/product-reviews/B00MU3A7O4

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

smeal wrote: »
    Many items such as cameras, memory sticks, ipads, computer games etc. are excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee in Argos usually for security reasons.
    Some items have registration issues, like a new laptop or ipod, so it cannot simply be restocked & sold. The memory stick might be for security as said. Others are exluded for hygeine purposes, like electric razors (or dunnes refuse underwear). Others in argos are for "rental" purposes, kids buying the latest game and returning it when they complete it, same with cameras people might "rent" one for a wedding, so even cameras which come with no memory may be excluded.

Hi guys,
    my teenage son bought this as doing a media course. He didnt spend top dollar as only be used for 1yr. Just part of the media course. That said 55e was lot to him he avoided the much cheaper ones. Yes when uploading pics on the laptop vblurry. lady in argos took 1 photo said wasnt manufacture problem so good luck no refund. Ah trying to sell camera now as will have to buy a new one for the course. Argos contacted me via phone, once taken from package they dont refund even if 100pc. That said how can u check unless try out but eh nuttin can do but try to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kz44 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    my teenage son bought this as doing a media course. He didnt spend top dollar as only be used for 1yr. Just part of the media course. That said 55e was lot to him he avoided the much cheaper ones. Yes when uploading pics on the laptop vblurry. lady in argos took 1 photo said wasnt manufacture problem so good luck no refund. Ah trying to sell camera now as will have to buy a new one for the course. Argos contacted me via phone, once taken from package they dont refund even if 100pc. That said how can u check unless try out but eh nuttin can do but try to sell.

Bring the camera and laptop to Argos and show it's not fit for purpose, maybe try uploading to a different computer first to make sure it isn't an issue with the laptop and camera. They should replace or refund then.

Hi I only noticed after bought when had issue that its exempt from the 30 day guarantee but thank you. def the camera :)

• Advertisement

kz44 wrote: »
    Hi I only noticed after bought when had issue that its exempt from the 30 day guarantee but thank you. def the camera :)
    The 30 day return policy is irrelevant if the camera is faulty, not as described or not fit for purpose. These are rights you have as a consumer and cannot be overruled by any shop policy.
    As I'd posted earlier I'd complain on the basis that the camera does not produce clear images contrary to the advertisement. If they can't give you a replacement camera which does produce satisfactory clear images then you're entitled to your money back.

Hi did this to no avail. Having since read reviews the camera make is faulty.

Advertisement