Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found reasonable priced motorcycle gear

Options
  • 28-05-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi,
    I came across this site
    www dot louis dot ie (sorry, cant post links yet)
    I ordered a fastway summer textile trousers, for €70 shipped to Ireland. It is a pretty good piece of kit. Well thought out design and well constructed.

Their gear seems a good bit cheaper than anything around here (Cork).

No connection to the site, just a satisfied customer, who will be buying again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

It's the .ie page for the .de crowd; if you look at the store finder, even on the .ie site, they're all in Germany/Austria. I'd say a fair few on here have used them already and AFAIK they've a pretty good rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yeah, I've had a few bits off them, they have a decent range. Their shipping and customer service is top notch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I know lads that have ordered and been made wait as items show in stock when in fact they werent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Looks half decent if they're anyway reliable.

I found a Spanish site over a year ago that seemed to have great prices on gear and free EU delivery. I can't for the life of me think of it's name now. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I found a French website www.motoblouz.com that had loads of good deals, like shark race r helmets for €180 delivered no affiliation.

This could be a good thread for people to post any websites that have good deals going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

The only pain with the Louis.eu site is if you need to return stuff.

Bought all my initial gear from them and all was good but when I ordered second pair of boots and they did not fit, the return postage was costing more then the boots themselves....

Only negative... otherwise they are top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

dceire wrote: »
    Looks half decent if they're anyway reliable.

I found a Spanish site over a year ago that seemed to have great prices on gear and free EU delivery. I can't for the life of me think of it's name now. Any ideas?

Was it Motocard? Had stuff from them once, good price and arrived very quick.

DubVelo wrote: »
    Was it Motocard? Had stuff from them once, good price and arrived very quick.

It could have been Motocard, although, the website is not quite how i remember it but obviously that could have been changed. Looks like a decent site with decent prices either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a feeling it may have been Motocard but this is a great idea to try and gather all of these good online sites for gear etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

CJhaughey wrote: »

Has anyone ordered from these guys? What’s their service like?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I find fcmoto.de quite reasonable aswell. Fast shipping and coming from Germany, stores all over the place there apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I have ordered from FCMOTO a couple times, the first time they cancelled the order after about a week (or maybe 2) as they didn't have stock and couldnt get more. It said in stock at the time of ordering. Then last year I saw they had a deal on of something like 100 euro off if you ordered 400 euros of stuff. I wanted a leather jacket, jeans and runner boot type boots so i gave it a shot. No confirmation order mail. I mailed them three times and rang numerous times over the next week or two, never heard anything. Posted on their FB page where I saw a lot of similar posts. The stuff did eventually arrive and to be fair it was a great deal as everything was reduced and then 100 off on top.. Still I would be very hesitant to order from them again.

The first time my order was cancelled I used these guys to get the same stuff and it was hassle free.
    https://www.motoin.de/

I got some Revit stuff from these guys in Italy too, best price I found at the time
    Motoabbigliamento.it

These guys have good deals too sometimes, UK based
    https://www.megamotorcyclestore.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Bought a helmet from FC Moto.de last Saturday night, the product arrived to my house this morning as described and on time. It’s a great site. Not my first purchase either.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I certainly wouldn't buy anything that there is any chance of needing to return..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭blade1

rowanh wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't buy anything that there is any chance of needing to return..

If I recall correctly, moto FC offer a return service.
    I think it used to be around 7.99.
    Not sure if they still do it.
    Handy for jackets and big items as it's about €50 these days to ship a jacket.
    Although PayPal have a service now that they will refund up to €30 on returns and up to 6 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

FC Moto offer a return which is €20.

I sent something back to them on the 13th March, last update was it left London on the 15th March and no update since.

As of two days ago they still have not received the delivery. I'm awaiting a reply from An Post in how I can track where it is.

Edit: Sent a helmet back to Sportsbikeshop to exchange the size and it was a hassle free easy process. Their customer services is simply brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

FC Moto offer a return which is €20.

I sent something back to them on the 13th March, last update was it left London on the 15th March and no update since.

As of two days ago they still have not received the delivery. I'm awaiting a reply from An Post in how I can track where it is.

Edit: Sent a helmet back to Sportsbikeshop to exchange the size and it was a hassle free easy process. Their customer services is simply brilliant.

Did you get a tracking number from FC Moto? They use DHL, once it landed in Ireland i used the same tracking number on the An Post track & trace page and it worked. DHL bring it from Germany to Ireland and then hand it over to An Post which i find weird.

Advertisement