Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland

Options
  • 28-05-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm thinking of booking a holiday to Greenland for around a week. I'm thinking either October or March and staying in the Disko Bay area.

I'm trying to do a bit of reaseach into this, I know October / March will be winter and therefore cold, but it is not peak season (which i like) plust it's the best time for dog sledding and the northern lights.

Has anyone been before to Disko Bay or any other areas and/or does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

Also, i know there is an old lonely planet book which is selling for absurd amounts of money online, but aside from this book, is there any other books / websites anyone recommends?

Many thanks!

Sammy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's a 'peak' season in Greenland :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

Look into climate and cloudiness. I know here in finland it is more likely to get clear skies in march for aurora watching. Plus its snowy then so much prettier than october.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sammy96

Thanks fits! I'll do that.

Advertisement