Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat

Options
  • 28-05-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I sat my Leaving Cert in 2013. Due to personal stuff/life I basically dropped out of school. It was a shock when I got the results to see that I had passed!

From September I will have a lot of free time(until 3pm everyday..) and want to resit the exams in 2016.

I am 21. So how should I go about it? External, teachers for signing off on projects, in a school, etc.

The subjects I was thinking of doing are; English, History, Irish(thinking of primary school teaching), Accounting, Geography, Home Economics, Business, Italian (spent a summer in Italy)

I was always an A student up until T.Y. so for myself I think I need to have another crack at the LC!... Or am I mad?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Definitely not a crazy idea to repeat.
    You'd be surprised how many repeats you meet in college, not that anyone cares whether you repeated or not. The important thing is getting into a course that you want to do.

You should get in contact with your secondary school. They would more than likely be happy to help you. Perhaps contact the school office/vice principal etc or even schedule a meeting.
    Important things include making sure you are registered for orals etc..your old school will know about this type of stuff.

Applications for external candidates become available in January 2016 on examinations.ie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Contact your local ETB as well (what used to be the VEC)

They may be able to offer you alternatives that would suit an older student better.

Advertisement