Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

counselling

Options
  • 27-05-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am interested has anyone studied to be a counsellor if so where and have you managed to find work in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I know a lot of people set up independently and have moderate success, sorry this may not be the best forum for answers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DannoA1

An unusual question I know but here goes:

Does anyone know whether there is anyone out there who specifically does counselling with people stressed out/traumatised/angry/frustrated/despairing from the whole experience of seeking or transferring rental accommodation on a limited income - dealing with landlords, agents, council officials, community welfare officers, HAP schemes, RAS Schemes, rent supplement caps, etc. etc. ?

Or, alternatively, whether there is any housing or homelessness organisation which does?

I'm not talking about advice re legalities and other practicalities, I'm talking about dealing with the whole person and the whole experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DannoA1

Good question!

Advertisement