Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham Golf Club

Options
  • 27-05-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

How's it going folks,

I'm looking at joining a golf club close to where I live in Milltown. At the moment Rathfarnham is top of my list. I played it last summer and it was a grand course! Also, I am in my mid-twenties and they have a very reasonable rate for people of my age.

At the time when I played they were developing a few holes, I wonder has anyone here played the course since? If there are any members you might be able to tell me what the setup is with regard to competitions. Is there anything on mid-week?

Lastly, I don't have any contacts who are members at the club. Would anyone be willing join me for a few holes at some stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Golf365

If you are a little unsure about joining Rathfarnham , Slade Valley in Saggart are doing a Special Offer of golf to the end of August for €299, great way of seeing does the club suit without making any major financial decisions .

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭carnsoreboxer

Morning

The new 3 holes and redesigned 3 holes are having a 'soft' opening for members on Monday. The full 18 holes will then be in play from Tuesday with an official opening in August. At the moment there is a men's competition on Sat/Sunday and team event every Wednesday but as we will no longer have a 'turnaround' time built into our time sheet I do expect this to change when the committee sees how the timesheet settles. PM me if you've any further questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FazyLucker

Does anybody know if membership in Rathfarnham is open/closed at the moment? Is there currently a waiting list, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's closed for men at the moment. Still open for women. You'd need to get your application in in January and they usually admit new members in March.

They don't operate a waiting list but it is quite tough to get in, they are pretty much full for male members in all categories at the moment. This year I think there was 90+ applicants for less than 15 spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

A mate of mine got in this year, but was only able to get 5 day membership. There is also a joining fee, not sure how much that is though

• Advertisement
Advertisement