Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming recovery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

I bet if Sutton was the only one in the pool, while twenty much-faster kids patiently waited for him to finish his set so they could get in, he'd shorten his minutes recovery by a few seconds too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What sort of weirdo cuts swim recovery time? Normal people make it longer.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

What sort of weirdo cuts swim recovery time? Normal people make it longer.... :D

The sort who was in a rush to squeeze the set in before the public times close...

The sort who was rushing and forgot his/her swim set...

The sort who thinks that if 60secs means "full recovery" then he/she was getting more benefit from the set by deciding they had sufficient recovery with 45 secs...

I'd imagine he/she might be using the first two points to mask the fact that the third will have a negative impact on the overall set (whoever he/she is...)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

I think this is more likely to happen in a group swim.

We might not like to admit, but inching a couple of strokes ahead often makes us feel better!

Advertisement