Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very low in call volume

Options
  • 27-05-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Using a HTC M7 and my in call volume has dropped drastically to the point where I can barely hear anyone on the phone yet playing music the speakers sound fine.

Anyone ever experience this? Would it be a network issue or a hardware fault?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

What version of android? Have you set individual/separate volume levels for calls and media? Is it the profile you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'm on 5.0.2. Profile is the same as always with everything set to max volume. If I play music the speakers sound fine but in a call people's voices are very faint to the point where I can't make out half of what they're saying. Only started happening this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Has it only happened since you upgraded OS?

A quick google shows numerous people having this with several HTC models and on various ROMs and OS versions.
    Have a look at the search results for HTC call volume problem.
    Quick suggestion is to try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40988563&postcount=82
    Looks like the physical volume buttons may not max out volume to the same level as going into settings and increasing volume that way. Couple of users saying this helped them. Sounds crazy and odd that you can set different levels whether you adjust via hardware or software. Worth a punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

You could also try rubbing the speaker with an old dry toothbrush for about a minute. Fixed two phones using this method as it was just a build up of dust in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

/\

This.

Worked for me before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement