Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 problems with lollipop 5.0, want to go back to kitkat.

Options
  • 27-05-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I made the big mistake of upgrading my LG G3 to lollipop 5.0 and I really want to go back to kitkat.

I'm looking at a youtube demo of how to do this by rooting your phone and downgrading. (How to Downgrade LG G3 D855 from stock lollipop To Stock Kitkat for rooting purposes
    It links into the xda developers site.) I'm not sure that I need to root the phone? Is that like a jail break in an apple?

Has anyone downgraded back to kitkat with an LG? It was a great phone until I upgraded and since then I've had a lot of trouble with apps and mobile data which is not being resolved.

Any advice for me, I don't want to mess up the phone any further, but it's doing my head in!
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Try a factory reset first?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wombats

I should have said I've already done a factory reset and a hard reset, which are basically the same thing, but no joy in fixing the problems.

I'm looking for info if anyone has done this process of downgrading from a newer version?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wombats

Just an update for anyone else. I managed to do it, delighted! There's a website called android explained .com that has great instructions on it.

Problems fixed!

Advertisement