Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Cavan

Options
  • 27-05-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere hiring at the moment?
    Have applied for loads through the usual job websites without hearing much back!
    Getting very frustrating now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

flynny50 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere hiring at the moment?
    Have applied for loads through the usual job websites without hearing much back!
    Getting very frustrating now!!

Hi in the same situation getting very frustrated at not getting any responses at all. Keep sending in CV's. Another option if its suitable might be to do a course advertised at the former fas offices in Cavan Town or you can see the full list at the Social Welfare Office Dublin Road or on www.fas.ie to upskill. I recently got a HACCP course free of charge which now allows me to apply for deli jobs and get some response whereas before i got no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

lycan238 wrote: »
    Hi in the same situation getting very frustrated at not getting any responses at all. Keep sending in CV's. Another option if its suitable might be to do a course advertised at the former fas offices in Cavan Town or you can see the full list at the Social Welfare Office Dublin Road or on www.fas.ie to upskill. I recently got a HACCP course free of charge which now allows me to apply for deli jobs and get some response whereas before i got no response.

Yeah having the same problems.
    Have applied for numerous jobs that match up with my cv but am not even getting called for interview!?!

Have done a couple of fas courses to keep me going so hopefully something turns up soon!!

Its very frustrating!!

flynny50 wrote: »
    Yeah having the same problems.
    Have applied for numerous jobs that match up with my cv but am not even getting called for interview!?!

Have done a couple of fas courses to keep me going so hopefully something turns up soon!!

Its very frustrating!!

I spent 3 years in Cavan Institute and a further 2.5 years doing fas courses. Got sent to Cavan Monaghan Employment Services from last fas course and done work placements through them that's how I got offered the HACCP course. I volunteer with the Order of Malta and the Pioneer Association and looking to get back into a volunteering role with SOSAD again. I am doing quite a lot for someone that is officially unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

lycan238 wrote: »
    I spent 3 years in Cavan Institute and a further 2.5 years doing fas courses. Got sent to Cavan Monaghan Employment Services from last fas course and done work placements through them that's how I got offered the HACCP course. I volunteer with the Order of Malta and the Pioneer Association and looking to get back into a volunteering role with SOSAD again. I am doing quite a lot for someone that is officially unemployed.

Well at least you are keeping busy!!
    Hope you get some paid work soon!

Yeah would be great if I got paid work soon. Been waiting this long another few months or years won't be much extra hassle. Another application done and dusted today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

hai there'd nae jabs to be had at all at all, better off going forgien, my uncles sisters friends aunt went to Oz and is working down the mines for 100 pound an hour hai.

hai there'd nae jabs to be had at all at all, better off going forgien, my uncles sisters friends aunt went to Oz and is working down the mines for 100 pound an hour hai.

Thanks for your input. As for my situation going 'foreign' whether its to the England, USA, Canada, New Zealand or even Oz is not an option. It may be for some people but not for me. I know the right job will become available at some stage in the future and I will be here when it becomes available to apply for it.

As posted before I do a lot of volunteer work at the moment which I am not willing to give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Where in oz is that?

Advertisement