Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using phone in The USA

Options
  • 27-05-2015 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm off to America for the summer in 2 weeks. I have a Samsung s6 that I have got networked unlocked but I am wondering if I need to flash the firmware of the US mobile company I will be using to be able to get 3g 4g and all that good stuff. Last year while using a s4 I couldn't get any data Connection despite being in a 4g zone.

So do I need to flash firmware or no, thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I brought over my 1+1 last christmas to chicago, put in my tmobile sim card and it worked perfectly.
    I think you dont have to update the firmware though it does depend on the actual service provider. If they broadcast on a suitable band for your phone and also if they support the phone. Some providers over there DO NOT LET YOU BRING YOUR OWN PHONE ONTO THEIR NETWORK, it must be purchased from them.
    So the issue is mainly who are you getting the sim card from and do they provide a service for your phone. Bear in mind that some US phones work on different bands to Euro phones

• Registered Users Posts: 3 conorheslin1

I was using T mobile last year in Ocean City and Baltimore and in both places it was hopeless even though the claimed coverage of T mobile was pretty much 100% where i was so i was thinking it had to be the phone modem that needed to be reflashed or something.

I might get in touch with verizon and a couple of the other companys before i head over because i really do not want to be without a data connection especially when there is LTE and 4g everywhere almost overthere!

Advertisement