Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts ideas for husband 30th birthday. How U show appreciation to your spouse B-Day?

Options
  • 27-05-2015 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello, my husband B-day will be coming up and I'm trying to make it memorable 30th B-day for him. But he is the type of guy that kindda hard to buy gifts for, he doesn't have much hobies; and we both is just a boring couple. I'm boring and he's boring, so we match and we married each others, lol

But this is his birthday as our first year together as 'married couple'. So I want it to be more than just give him Money or give him Gift Cards.
    I need help with B-day gifts ideas, or ideal ways to show my appreciation appreciation to him on his B-day. You know beside the the obvious, sex...

I'm asking those who are married/or in long-term relationship. you can help by answer these questions: What did you get for your husband/wife or SO for B-day, please give some ideas.
    Like what your plan for your spouse B-Day? What you buy for him/her as gifts? Beside the obvious, you know, sex...

If you have time and want to help give me ideas on what to get for my husband B-Day, then please read on.
    If not, then please share what did you get/or do for your Spouse/SO B-day? so I can get ideas and learn more from you, thank you.

I have a husband that is kindda hard to buy him gifts, he not typical. He doesn't have much hobbies. He have "self-controlled" and he 'level-headed". He practical, logical and realist. Everybody knows him say he is a down-to-earth.
    I tell about his daily lifestyle and his hobbies, it probably help narrow down what he likes. I still don't know how to plan his b-day.

Husband is a Hygiene freak and he is a Health freak. He does NOT drink, he does NOT smoke, NOT even smoke a cigarette.
    He's quite sensitive when it come to the drinking alcohol topic, because lost his older sister in a car crash accident caused by a drunk driver. He hates drunk drivers, no way he will let any alcohol in his bloodstream.

He work for a Truck company. Being a local Truck driver required No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all drugs or alcohol test. Passed all background check, and passed all random drugs test too.
    So working at this job, drugs and drinking is out of the question for him. So no Whisky, no beer, no alcohol as presents, it Not an option. Both of us Doesn't drink or smoke.

He responsible with his money, he make sure he put money in his Saving account every month.
    He have perfect Credit scores. He Debt-free, never have Credit-card debt. None of us have any kind of debt, we both debt-free and we both like to stay this way.
    I don't think he wants to open another Credit-card, he not a big spender.

He have a big Van car, and a motorcycle. Which both he bought with his own money and pay it off himself, he had these prior met me. He doesn't need another Van/car or motorcycle for his B-Day.

He doesn't really have much hobbies. He doesn't like to play Video games, he have zero interest in video games. And I never saw him play it, just not his thing.

He also never go online, unless he needs to put in an online application for a job. He already have a laptop, he doesn't need another one when he never go online.
    All communications are through his Cell phone, perhaps I should get him a new cell phone for his B-Day? But we both already have Smartphone.

He doesn't even like to watch TV unless it is News, he loves loves News. He will died if he don't watch News or one day, lol
    Oh, he loves NFL Football, News and NFL Football would make him happy.
    I do encourage him to go watch NFL Football with his childhood buddies, because I don't know anything about Football. Perhaps let him freely go hang out with his buddies on his B-day?

He likes to go to Gym to work out, keep his body stay fit and in shape. He 6'1 and he weight 170 lbs, so he is an average weight guy.
    He also likes Guns, the both outdoor and indoor shooting ranges. But uh... not something I like.

He loves to read Newspapes and Books. But he only like 2 type of books, that is 'War" books sand 'Politics" books.
    I did get him a "War" book for his B-Day once, but he pretty much have all the Books that he likes.

And clothes, he have his own 'style' of clothes. So I don't go shopping for his clothes, maybe just a jacket.
    Food? he have all different food dishes that I cook for him everyday. Even when he work late at night, I still cook for him in the middle of the night so he can have fresh meals to eat. Cooking for him on his B-Day is like cooking for him everyday, nothing really special.

I don't know what to get for my husband his B-day. Beside gifts, I was thinking maybe if we can go on a weekend trip. Maybe see if he can get a day off?
    He drive the Local truck, his route is local so he is home with me every night, it just that he works long hours.
    He said he works hard so we can have enough money to buy a house. To save money for our future and our baby future, and to save money for rainy days.
    He always work hard like this. To him work is survival, work is secure his future. When we dating he work one job, now married he work 2 jobs including weekend.

He have baby fever, so he probably wants a baby for his B-Day present, lol
    But I told him we TTC in 2016, I want to spend one year with him before we have a baby.
    When we buy a small house next year, and next year he back to work 1 job, it a better time to have a baby.

If you are a boring couple like us, or if you have a husband like my husband. What's your plan for his B-Day? Like what would you get for him on his b-day?
    Beside the sex and gift-cards. I mean like in presents, b-day presents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

TL/DR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hello, my husband B-day will be coming up and I'm trying to make it memorable 30th B-day for him. But he is the type of guy that kindda hard to buy gifts for, he doesn't have much hobies; and we both is just a boring couple. I'm boring and he's boring, so we match and we married each others, lol

But this is his birthday as our first year together as 'married couple'. So I want it to be more than just give him Money or give him Gift Cards.
    I need help with B-day gifts ideas, or ideal ways to show my appreciation appreciation to him on his B-day. You know beside the the obvious, sex...

I'm asking those who are married/or in long-term relationship. you can help by answer these questions: What did you get for your husband/wife or SO for B-day, please give some ideas.
    Like what your plan for your spouse B-Day? What you buy for him/her as gifts? Beside the obvious, you know, sex...

If you have time and want to help give me ideas on what to get for my husband B-Day, then please read on.
    If not, then please share what did you get/or do for your Spouse/SO B-day? so I can get ideas and learn more from you, thank you.

I have a husband that is kindda hard to buy him gifts, he not typical. He doesn't have much hobbies. He have "self-controlled" and he 'level-headed". He practical, logical and realist. Everybody knows him say he is a down-to-earth.
    I tell about his daily lifestyle and his hobbies, it probably help narrow down what he likes. I still don't know how to plan his b-day.

Husband is a Hygiene freak and he is a Health freak. He does NOT drink, he does NOT smoke, NOT even smoke a cigarette.
    He's quite sensitive when it come to the drinking alcohol topic, because lost his older sister in a car crash accident caused by a drunk driver. He hates drunk drivers, no way he will let any alcohol in his bloodstream.

He work for a Truck company. Being a local Truck driver required No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all drugs or alcohol test. Passed all background check, and passed all random drugs test too.
    So working at this job, drugs and drinking is out of the question for him. So no Whisky, no beer, no alcohol as presents, it Not an option. Both of us Doesn't drink or smoke.

He responsible with his money, he make sure he put money in his Saving account every month.
    He have perfect Credit scores. He Debt-free, never have Credit-card debt. None of us have any kind of debt, we both debt-free and we both like to stay this way.

He have a big Van car, and a motorcycle. Which both he bought with his own money and pay it off himself, he had these prior met me. He doesn't need another Van/car or motorcycle for his B-Day.

He doesn't really have much hobbies. He doesn't like to play Video games, he have zero interest in video games. And I never saw him play it, just not his thing.

He also never go online, unless he needs to put in an online application for a job. He already have a laptop, he doesn't need another one when he never go online.
    All communications are through his Cell phone, perhaps I should get him a new cell phone for his B-Day? But we both already have Smartphone.

He doesn't even like to watch TV unless it is News, he loves loves News. He will died if he don't watch News or one day, lol
    I do encourage him to go watch NFL Football with his childhood buddies, because I don't know anything about Football. Perhaps let him freely go hang out with his buddies on his B-day?

He likes to go to Gym to work out, keep his body stay fit and in shape. He 6'1 and he weight 170 lbs, so he is an average weight guy.
    He also likes Guns, the both outdoor and indoor shooting ranges. But uh... not something I like.

He loves to read Newspapes and Books. But he only like 2 type of books, that is 'War" books sand 'Politics" books.
    I did get him a "War" book for his B-Day once, but he pretty much have all the Books that he likes.

And clothes, he have his own 'style' of clothes. So I don't go shopping for his clothes, maybe just a jacket.
    Food? he have all different food dishes that I cook for him everyday. Even when he work late at night, I still cook for him in the middle of the night so he can have fresh meals to eat. Cooking for him on his B-Day is like cooking for him everyday, nothing really special.

I don't know what to get for my husband his B-day. Beside gifts, I was thinking maybe if we can go on a weekend trip. Maybe see if he can get a day off?
    He drive the Local truck, his route is local so he is home with me every night, it just that he works long hours.
    He said he works hard so we can have enough money to buy a house. To save money for our future and our baby future, and to save money for rainy days.
    He always work hard like this. To him work is survival, work is secure his future. When we dating he work one job, now married he work 2 jobs including weekend.

But I told him we TTC in 2016, I want to spend one year with him before we have a baby.
    When we buy a small house next year, and next year he back to work 1 job, it a better time to have a baby.

If you are a boring couple like us, or if you have a husband like my husband. What's your plan for his B-Day? Like what would you get for him on his b-day?

Have you a rough idea of a budget - how much are you willing to spend? Myself and my bf turned 30 within 18 days of each other so we took a trip to Vegas to celebrate. I don't drink and im not in gambling but Vegas was amazing, we took a helicopter trip into the Grand Canyon it was just fantastic, we then went on to San Francisco and hired out a car and drove all along the coast stopping at beaches and various locations on the way up - it was fab. Would you consider booking a trip somewhere? Or Would he be into camping? Go camping, maybe a bit of fishing, trekking through the mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

threesome.

that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

A big durty dinner............and a big durty ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can't help but read the second part in a 'Chinese' voice due to the strange English init. Sorry OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

A voucher for Mondello park?
    I'm not hugely into cars, but my o/h got me one & I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
    A little different without shooting the moon.

Obviously get him lots of bajowskis also.... goes without saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

An award

Jeez that was a long post, I skimmed over it.

My bloke loves his motorbikes so one year I got him all the bits for servicing his blade. Filters, oil, and whatever else the bike shop told me I needed. Cost a fecking fortune but he was as happy as a pig in ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 HisPresence

Sorry for the hard to read, bad English grammars. English is not my third language. My apology.
    Thank you for those take their precious time to reply help give me suggestions and gifts ideas.

I make this thread apart from asking for B-day gifts suggestions. I also wants to learn from others, like how they and their spouse spend the "B-Day" day; and what they get/or do for their spouse B-Day, the marriage life, etc...

This is first marriage for both of us, I'm still new to marriage. I still have plenty to learn from all the long-term marriage couples out there. Actually I have alot to learn from everyone; you won't stop learning until you die. Thank you

What you buy for him/her as gifts? Beside the obvious, you know, sex....

My wife didn't buy me sex for my 30th.

How about a big bottle of Brut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The perfect b-day present.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

what part of the USA are you in? How about a trip to some of the many attractions in the U.S. ? Or simply book 2 nights away in a nice hotel and book a nice restaurant.

I mean English is my third language.
    English is not my first language, so I apologize for my bad English grammars.
    I'm Chinese.

Thank you for the replies.
    What I means is sex is a part of my duty as his wife. My husband can have sex anytime he wants. He doesn't need to wait till his birthday to get sex.

Perhaps I just be his slave that whole day. He is an awesome husband, so I want to try to do something for his birthday to show him my apprecation.

What I means is sex is a part of my duty as his wife. My husband can have sex anytime he wants. He doesn't need to wait till his birthday to get sex.

Perhaps I just be his slave that whole day. .

Irish women take note!!!

The Chinese.... a great bunch of girls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I mean English is my third language.
    English is not my first language, so I apologize for my bad English grammars.
    I'm Chinese.

Thank you for the replies.

Perhaps I just be his slave that whole day. He is an awesome husband, so I want to try to do something for his birthday to show him my apprecation.

Nice

I'm sorry, I'm Chinese (Asian-American), I came to USA when I was 12 years old.
    My English grammars is not every good so sometimes things in my post is not clear, and it hard to read. I apologize for that.

I don't want his birthday to be just sex, or give him gift-cards. I want to do something for him to show him my appreciation.
    Sex, cooking, cleaning, catering his needs are all part of my DUTY as his wife. He doesn't need to wait till his birthday to get those stuff.

We live in sunshine California, so the weather here is nice and warm. There still some time before his birthday coming up, so I still have time to plan.
    There many places we can go here, but he just doesn't have much time. He usually just have half a day or a day off on the weekend, and then he have to left for his 2nd job.

Perhaps I should try to get him get a day off, so we can spend the whole day together.
    We both working, I work 1 job and he work 2 jobs. He be working 2 jobs till next year because we trying to save up money as fast as we can to buy a small house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Anal.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I am married 9 years at this stage. this year I bought my wife a few tickets to see the comedian Michael mcentire live at the three arena. She can go with a few friends!

You mentioned your partner likes shooting, you could look at courtlough clay pidgeon shooting (there's also archery and a bunch of other stuff).

You don't mention if he has many friends but I think either of these things are good.

My wife once brought me to the circus (I had never been) but that was when we first met. This is one of my favourite presents. It didn't cost much but it was really thoughtful!

I am going on a cycling weekend with some friends. I'm not sure where it is, but it's some place where bike enthusiasts can cycle around bike terrain. If he loves his excercise that might Interst him.

Then again if he loves to relax, you could rent a barge on the Shannon and do some fishing or just chill!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Sorry for the hard to read, bad English grammars. English is not my third language. My apology.
    Thank you for those take their precious time to reply help give me suggestions and gifts ideas.

I make this thread apart from asking for B-day gifts suggestions. I also wants to learn from others, like how they and their spouse spend the "B-Day" day; and what they get/or do for their spouse B-Day, the marriage life, etc...

This is first marriage for both of us, I'm still new to marriage. I still have plenty to learn from all the long-term marriage couples out there. Actually I have alot to learn from everyone; you won't stop learning until you die. Thank you

You may want to ask a Moderator to move this to a different forum where you'll get more useful replies.Maybe the one for Gift Ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Drumpot wrote: »

Then again if he loves to relax, you could rent a barge on the Shannon and do some fishing or just chill!

Difficult, as the OP lives in California.

But not impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

A night in a hotel and a nice dinner.

Sex, cooking, cleaning, catering his needs are all part of my DUTY as his wife. He doesn't need to wait till his birthday to get those stuff.

This got me thinking... perhaps he is secretly dying to have a go at all that stuff you do for him since he's so used to it all?

On his birthday, thrash the place and give him a bucket full of cleaning products and tell him he also has to make a 5 course meal later that evening for yee both.
    And don't forget the strap on for afterwards...

Here is fine, since is his After Hours, so it fit for an off topic like this. Hope I'm not bothering anyone.

I also want to learn from all the married/relationship couples out there on how they celebrate their partner birthday. I'm still newlywed so I have alot to learn from everyone.

Thank you for all the replies.
    I just that I'm a boring girl, husband is a boring guy, we both are equally boring, lol
    I'm stupid, I don't know how to make my husband birthday fun for him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

How about a suit of armour to protect him from sharks? http://neptunic.com/products/sharksuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A watch.

not a designer watch, a proper watch by Tag or Breitling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You say he is a hygiene freak. How about a Baxter of California shaving set.
    Baxter of California Double Edge Safety Razor Set $260 old style razors are pretty cool, a much better shave and work out cheaper in the long run than Gillette Mach 3s etc.
    hope he has a great birthday. You sound like a fabulous wife :)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FW6N9SC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_qqyzvb1GYE6M0

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You have not said how much you would like to spend...

You say he likes War books and shooting, I know that Minnesota is not close to Cali, but this could be worth the trip for him.

Drive A Real Military Tank

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    You say he is a hygiene freak. How about a Baxter of California shaving set.
    Baxter of California Double Edge Safety Razor Set $260 old style razors are pretty cool, a much better shave and work out cheaper in the long run than Gillette Mach 3s etc.
    hope he has a great birthday. You sound like a fabulous wife :)

Thank you, that is a great gift idea.
    I try to be a goof wife. I put his needs and my mother in-law needs above my own.

I don't have a College degree. I'm working at a minimum wage job that pay me hourly and with litlte commission. I have bad English grammars. I feel that I'm not good enough for him.

My mother disapproved him because he isn't Chinese. But I still choose to married him.
    I married him with nothing. We got married very simple, at the City Hall/ Courthouse with 2 witnesses.
    There was No engagement ring, No wedding reception, No honeymoon. In defense of my husabnd, it was me that chose not to have any of those stuff. I did it to protect him too, IF one day he regret this marriage, at least there wasn’t much of any money spend on it.

My mom is part of the reason why I chose not to have wedding. There was no point of me having a wedding because nobody on my side of the family going to show up. She refused to gave me her blessing, and she disown me after I got married.
    But I have NO regrets though. He is an awesome husband! I feel very blessed.

We both poor, so we both working our butt off right now so we can buy a small house next year.

Your a guy right? Can you give me your opinion on as a "man", what would be your ideal birthday present? I know men will say sex, but beside the sex.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd love to know how you found your way to Boards.ie?

• Advertisement

This Forum show up when I searching up Technology and IT Computer related keywords.
    And as I browse this forum, I find the Lifestyle and Social section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement