Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye think lads

Options
  • 26-05-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Just traded in my CZ .22 for this http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=303&menu=109&sprache=1&produktShow=detail

I am waiting for the license to come back :) the shortness of the barrel had me a little bit worried but i was told that the gun powder is completely burned up after 10 inches ?? anyway its bought now cant wait to scope her in and start bunny patrol.

What is the best way to zero this in ? would you recommend the 17gr or the 20gr ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

they are a fantastic little rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

I have one in .22 believe me you won't be sorry
    I'm thinking of getting one in .17 as well
    Just one thing with them I found the barrell channel needed a small bit of sanding out as it was a bit tight when using bipod
    Could of just been my one but watch for it all the same.
    Not ideal for €1000 rimfire but 5 mins with sandpaper sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Shaner82 wrote: »
    I have one in .22 believe me you won't be sorry
    I'm thinking of getting one in .17 as well
    Just one thing with them I found the barrell channel needed a small bit of sanding out as it was a bit tight when using bipod
    Could of just been my one but watch for it all the same.
    Not ideal for €1000 rimfire but 5 mins with sandpaper sorted it

Will do Shaner thanks, I know a guy that had a centerfire .17 and had to copper foul it after every 20 shots, I dont think the rimfire is like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

am incredibly jealous - this exact rifle (and its .22LR sibling) is on my list.

Match 64 action & trigger in a package that 20" with a 6" can on - couldn't ask for a better bunny/fox rifle!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

try a couple of different bullets in it, you will find it likes one better than others, if any of your mates have 17s
    ask them for a couple of bullets it will save you buying bullets you dont want pity you are not near me as i have
    a couple of half boxes i dont use. hornady varmin express 17g and cci game point 20g work well out of my
    rifle a cz 455 around 3/4ins groups at 100 yards. best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

I had a 1417 myself, lovely little rifle.

My HMR is zeroed 3/4 inch high @ 50yds for a 130yd zero and less than 1.5inch drop @ 150 - so basically point and shoot bunnies to 150.
    This lines up nice with my reticle also, 2nd hash mark - 160yds, 3rd - 200yds.

I tried every type of ammo out there and found Hornady 20g is best followed by Federal 17g. Worst was Hornady 17g followed by Winchester 17g.
    Like skipking said - try a few different brands and see what she likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

pm, where did you buy your gun as i might have a look at one . cant see any on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

Dave mulvihal has a .17 in stock

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Dave mulvihal has a .17 in stock

That's exactly where I bought it he has another one in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lockey90

Absolutely mint. Should be nice and light for the from the shoulder shots

• Advertisement

Cheers m8 just waiting for the license to be changed :)

Got her today lads will post pictures later, I know what im doing the weekend 😊

Picture won't upload says entity too large?

Advertisement