Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easy is it to change courses in Uni? To repeat or not

Options
  • 26-05-2015 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

If I get like my third choice in trinity it will be economics and philosophy, would it be easy to change to my first option: B.ess after first year? And would I have to start paying fees?

Or am I better off repeating the leaving cert if I don't get the points for Bess if it's what I want to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

In order to get into BESS you'll need to get the points for it. Even if you plan on switching, if you don't have the points for it, you won't get in, unless you go the plc route or mature student route in a few years.

Put it down as your 1st choice, but don't accept any course unless you are happy with it. The last thing you want is to get 6 months into the year and end up quitting. If you have your heart set on BESS but don't get the points, the plc route might be better.

Advertisement