Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boots chemists, prints.

Options
  • 26-05-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

My cousin in UK went to Boots chemist get a very old 1950's photo printed and because there was an address on the back , they would not because of copyrights. Is it the same here in Ireland?. She is sending to me instead so if I go to another chemist (Hickeys say)would they do print for me. Thanks:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

How old is the photo? Normally a photo should not be printed or copied if you do not have the owner's permission. The photographer may be the owner and copyright holder. If it is older than 75 years then I think permission may not be required.
    Some photo booths/ chemists will print anything without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

My understanding is that copyright expires 70 years after the death of the photographer. The age of the photo itself is not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭grottyblotty

It early 1950's, so I'm sure its fine. Its one of those square small photos. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

In Ireland the copyright is Life + 70 years. So it will not expire for some time yet.

Advertisement