Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever lost it with a Teacher?

Options
  • 25-05-2015 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

So I'm sure some of you know that a good scalp of my AH activity is school related, mainly because I'm in School and you always get good stories from here but I digress.

So as the title suggests, have you ever squared up to a Teacher and nearly gotten physical or what's the angriest you've ever been with one (E.G. Screamfest) and the back story behind it. I'm not sure at the moment myself but I'll remember something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

So I'm sure some of you know that a good scalp of my AH activity is school related

Who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The angriest was probably that time when I audibly sighed in the presence of my business studies teacher. Couldn't help it... I saw red and sighed. Totally out of control. I'm 99% sure that he heard me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Notice how I said some, a few school related posts on AH by myself had a good few posts on them and I was explaining myself, chill bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I once got the principal in a headlock.

We were on a school tour in Germany and playing a game of soccer and for some unknown reason ( I think i was a bit hyper) it ended up with me getting him in a headlock.

I once got the principal in a headlock.

We were on a school tour in Germany and playing a game of soccer and for some unknown reason ( I think i was a bit hyper) it ended up with me getting him in a headlock.

Was this a headlock for the Craic or a headlock with the intention of fighting? Funny stuff all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm a teacher and I frequently frustrate myself, if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

So I'm sure some of you know that a good scalp of my AH activity is school related, mainly because I'm in School and you always get good stories from here but I digress.

So as the title suggests, have you ever squared up to a Teacher and nearly gotten physical or what's the angriest you've ever been with one (E.G. Screamfest) and the back story behind it. I'm not sure at the moment myself but I'll remember something.

285 posts in two years.What makes you think anybody knows you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

So I'm sure some of you know that a good scalp of my AH activity is school related.

It may surprise you to learn that I was not actually aware of this.

I'm old (37) so school was a long time ago. If I had squared up to a teacher two things would've happened,

1 - they would've laughed. I was 4' 6" starting secondary school and about 5' 3" leaving it.

2 - unless I was 100% in the right (and maybe even then) my father would've kicked my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Remember in school, i skipped transition year into fifth year and everyone alway told me the year head teacher was a weapon, anyways i was made stand out of maths class for being a nuisense, anyway thos teacher who i had never met spotted me standing outside the class room and decided to come over and have a go. I was standing against the wall and she came right up, you know the feeling when somebody is proper pinning you there, anyways she straight away launches into a bout of screaming in my face. I kinda just lost it, but did myself justice and made a complete twat out of her. I decided to scream back at her, and only as loud as she was screaming at me "Hold on a second , have you got a problem? There is no need to scream?" I was being as agressive as she was being which was quite, then switched to a calm cool voice " we could just be normal human beings and just speak in a normal manner, but im game if thats the way you want to talk".
    She was taken aback by my screaming and said " im going to pretend that didnt happen" to which i replyed "why?"
    Anyway she was stumped. She always made an effort to be courteous to me from then on.

An File wrote: »
    I'm a teacher and I frequently frustrate myself, if that counts.

Don't worry.Holidays soon.

• Advertisement

Notice how I said some,
    Name one poster that knows you here. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

kneemos wrote: »
    Don't worry.Holidays soon.

They are teachers, it's always holidays soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I once mooned my school principal out the side window of a truck I had gotten a lift from while thumbing back in the 90s.

She was walking along the footpath and I made sure she never saw my face by continuing to show my arse for a while past. She didn't recognize my arse either :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

By "it" do you mean virginity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah, yous are all really showing this teenager a thing or two, going out of your way posting in a thread to tell him you've never heard of him :rolleyes:

I roared at a teacher for waking me up once, never did like being woken up. Probably shouldn't have been sleeping in class though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Was this a headlock for the Craic or a headlock with the intention of fighting? Funny stuff all the same :)

More craic than anything but I still can't work out know how things got that far.He was fairly sound about it in fairness

Yeah, yous are all really showing this teenager a thing or two, going out of your way posting in a thread to tell him you've never heard of him :rolleyes:

Don't patronise the kid.

I roared at a teacher for waking me up once, never did like being woken up. Probably shouldn't have been sleeping in class though.

Well aren't you great :rolleyes:

RayM wrote: »
    The angriest was probably that time when I audibly sighed in the presence of my business studies teacher. Couldn't help it... I saw red and sighed. Totally out of control. I'm 99% sure that he heard me.

I rolled my eyes at something a teacher said once.

He nearly saw me though, so it was a high-risk thing. It wasn't the first time I'd done it, but then again I'm something of an adrenaline junkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I was wile good when I was schoolwain, mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

thunderdog wrote: »
    By "it" do you mean virginity?

Only for Christian Brothers pupils.

I was more into sly cheeky comments and was in trouble quite a bit for it

One kid in our school got a teacher in a headlock and threatened him with a chisel though. Think the teacher retired or switched schools after it.

anncoates wrote: »
    Only for Christian Brothers pupils.

I was more into sly cheeky comments and was in trouble quite a bit for it

One kid in our school got a teacher in a headlock and threatened him with a chisel though. Think the teacher retired or switched schools after it.

Holy crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I was too quiet, in secondary school. I generally felt sorry for the terrible teachers more than feeling anger towards them.

My applied maths teacher once asked me what answer I got for a certain homework question and I was so disinterested that I just said "I honestly didn't do the homework."

So, no, but hats off to anyone who doesn't take the **** that crappy school teachers put us all through.

DareGod wrote: »
    I was too quiet, in secondary school. I generally felt sorry for the terrible teachers more than feeling anger towards them.

My applied maths teacher once asked me what answer I got for a certain homework question and I was so disinterested that I just said "I honestly didn't do the homework."

So, no, but hats off to anyone who doesn't take the **** that crappy school teachers put us all through.

I do feel sorry for bad teachers that can't control a class and just aren't great teachers. I'll chime in with a joke or two but I don't wreck them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

DareGod wrote: »

To be fair, it goes both ways

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

I quoted sections of the constitution regarding freedom of movement to my principal after being barred from visiting "out of bounds" sections of the school. Didn't go all that well.

I spoke to a Teacher outside of class talking about the problems that I among the other students had with her. She denied everything and tried to turn it back on me, I clenched my fists and stormed out the room infuriated at how unreasonable she was. Probably not my biggest moment to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I was in TY when I flipped out at a teacher, a girl I knew growing up had died during the summer(in a car accident) and our school was having a memorial service for her. Most of the class knew her and none of us were in the mood to work, too upset(understandably so) and so most of the teachers let us do our own thing during the day. This teacher didn't.

She was asking the class questions and no one was really responding and she asked me a question. I responded, with the answer but she didn't like the tone of my voice(I wasn't getting smart but I had been upset over what happened with the girl etc. so maybe my voice didn't sound normal or something). So she started to freak out at the class for not working etc. One of my class mates tried to explain why we were the way we were but she wasn't having any of it.

I tried to keep calm, but she started banging the table and going ape and I just lost it. Freaked out at her and ended up banging the table louder than she. The teacher stopped banging, went quiet and left us to our own devices. There were threats of "I'll be speaking to your coordinators" etc. but we explained what was up to them a few days later(they thought we were just being assholes so we filled them in) and they were cool with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Pa994

Was fighting with a lad in class once, business teacher jumped between us and the lad pinned him to the wall with a chair

Was outside school one morning before it was open, freezing during winter with said lad and broke into school, got caught by that teacher results weren't suurprising haha

Got removed from French for answering a French exam in Irish, French teacher snapped but couldn't believe how good my translation was hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

anncoates wrote: »
    To be fair, it goes both ways

Of course. But I feel that the support tends to be there for the teachers rather than the students. I had so many terrible teachers over the years, and there was nothing we could do about it. But if a teacher has a disruptive student, they can have them punished. It's not fair at all. In fact it's quite terrible.

Advertisement