Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Meteor payg android sub €100?

Options
  • 25-05-2015 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

My Z1 compact is a piece of crap since lollipop update. Won't work unless plugged in, has been getting worse day by day. 14 months old so battery is out of guarantee.

I've ten months left on my contract so need to replace the phone ASAP with something better than my ancient and slow S3. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

athtrasna wrote: »
    My Z1 compact is a piece of crap since lollipop update. Won't work unless plugged in, has been getting worse day by day. 14 months old so battery is out of guarantee.

I've ten months left on my contract so need to replace the phone ASAP with something better than my ancient and slow S3. Any thoughts?

Probably the Huawei ascend y550? Its €99 and I have one as a secondary phone and it's decent and very snappy. It would do fine for 10 months until you get a better one on your next contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have you factory reset it? Can improve things usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

RossieMan wrote: »
    have you factory reset it? Can improve things usually.

Did that and software repair and no improvement, it's not just me according to google. Lollipop is the villain of the piece

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is it 5.0.2 its on or has it been upgraded to 5.1 yet?

It's on nothing now. Died and refused to charge or restart using any of the start/reboot/reset options. Girl in the shop convinced me to send for a repair estimate as there's little trade in value on a phone that won't switch on. Stuck with an ancient S3 now. HATE it!

• Advertisement

Got it repaired then two months later it's gone again. This time my S3 has died never to be woken again so I've bitten the bullet and gotten the Samsung Core Prime for €109. Will get the Sony repaired again and will get €50 for it from Envirofone so all is not lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

My experience of Envirofone is that they get your phone and then give you a WAY lower estimate. I was advised I'd get €100 for my excellent condition Samsung Galaxy S3, got €37 in the end. Raging. I then used GYG.ie for my iPod Touch, and they told me €96 - I got €96.

Then I just sold my M8 on Adverts.ie for €200, the guy sent me PayPal and I mailed it off to him - handy as.

TL;DR - Use GYG.ie or Adverts.

Envirofone have always come through for me. GYG is giving me three different prices for the phone, two are lower than envirofone. Will see how I get on. Not interested in a private sale.

Advertisement