Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for a Post interview

Options
  • 25-05-2015 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas on questions that would be asked at A/B post interviews? Should be swotting up

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary or secondary? Most post interviews will have a big focus on your understanding of the role of that post and what you can bring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Charity fundraising/organising table quizz events is a big one if it's for yearhead.
    Awareness of initiatives around bullying etc.
    How would you promote the ethos.

Consider it as a change in emphasis from classroom to the wider school community. So I think it might be a leadership aspect they would look for instead of 'educational'.

Thats what I gather from listening to other AP's ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Second level. Post will be assigned from the list of needs in the school after the person is appointed unfortunately so it's hard to know what the focus will be

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

How have you contributed to school development beyond your own classroom?
    What would you do if you were implementing a programme/change that some teachers were opposed to?
    How would you balance your teaching duties with your extra duties?
    What CPD have you engaged in that would be relevant?
    What's your vision for the role?
    Do you think that being a member of the ISMT would influence your relationship with other staff members?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The ETBs usually follow the application form closely and give you an opportunity to speak about past examples of initiating something, or working with a team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thank you everyone, that gives me a bit of focus and stuff to work on! I'm well down the list on seniority but I do want the interview experience

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

School self evaluation was the hot topic at the most recent one in our school....

Advertisement