Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job and Susi

Options
  • 24-05-2015 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

So I was recently told on here than I can only earn up to 3809 or something from a part time job and not let it affect your grand. I'm basicially finsihed my first year and I've been working since last June. I worked all through the summer (5/6 days a week) and holidays and Saturday's since September. So over that time I've earned well over the 3809 that I'm suppose to earn from a part time job. When I was renewing my grant for this year I only had four questions to answer and one of them was something like 'did you family income increase enough to bring you into the next grant level' I answered no for this cus even with me having a job it won't bring my family income over 22000, so I should still get the special rate. Anyway my question is, did I answer this question wrong? and I'm freaking out cus I was told if Susi thought they overpaid me I would have to pay the difference back! I know I'm over the 3809 limit but even with this its not taking me over 22,000 so I don't know what to do? Don't really want to go to susi with this because they'll want reference numbers and whatever else! someone please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

So I was recently told on here than I can only earn up to 3809 or something from a part time job and not let it affect your grand. I'm basicially finsihed my first year and I've been working since last June. I worked all through the summer (5/6 days a week) and holidays and Saturday's since September. So over that time I've earned well over the 3809 that I'm suppose to earn from a part time job. When I was renewing my grant for this year I only had four questions to answer and one of them was something like 'did you family income increase enough to bring you into the next grant level' I answered no for this cus even with me having a job it won't bring my family income over 22000, so I should still get the special rate. Anyway my question is, did I answer this question wrong? and I'm freaking out cus I was told if Susi thought they overpaid me I would have to pay the difference back! I know I'm over the 3809 limit but even with this its not taking me over 22,000 so I don't know what to do? Don't really want to go to susi with this because they'll want reference numbers and whatever else! someone please help!

Ignore the €3809 for a moment. Is the total income for the household above €22,703.
    If it is not then you answered the question correctly as the change to your household income does not effect the rate of grant you are in receipt of.

If the total household income is above €22,703 then you answered incorrectly as it may effect the rate of grant you are in receipt of.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

Even with my job, total family income is still under 22,703! But if I'm reassessed next year could they argue that I was over paid and be made may it all back??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Even with my job, total family income is still under 22,703! But if I'm reassessed next year could they argue that I was over paid and be made may it all back??

They can't argue if it's under the amount and shown clearly on revenue statements and social welfare statements.
    If the income is under the threshold then it's under. If you have any doubts then ring SUSI and ask them to reset your application and submit the details for reassurance.

Advertisement