Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Amsterdam to Dublin with an age card?

Options
  • 23-05-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm travelling to Amsterdam from Dublin on the 8th of June with Aer Lingus and as I understand it is okay for me to fly with a Garda Age Card. Will this be okay for flying back from Amsterdam or what?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Hi,

I'm travelling to Amsterdam from Dublin on the 8th of June with Aer Lingus and as I understand it is okay for me to fly with a Garda Age Card. Will this be okay for flying back from Amsterdam or what?

No. Not at all. You need a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 helpwithcwo

sullivlo wrote: »
    No. Not at all. You need a passport.

wwwDOTaerlingus[DOT]com/travelinformation/knowbeforeyoufly/visaspassports/#d.en.4569

Then what does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi,

Ah. You mean if "Garda Age Card" = "National Identity Card" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 helpwithcwo

the_syco wrote: »
    Ah. You mean if "Garda Age Card" = "National Identity Card" ?

Yeah I guess so. My passport issue date is the 8th of June but I can get it earlier. Just wondering if I can save myself a trip and use that card is all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Yeah I guess so. My passport issue date is the 8th of June but I can get it earlier. Just wondering if I can save myself a trip and use that card is all!

No. We don't have a national identity card. You'll need a passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As everyone else says, unless it's travel between UK and Ireland, you need to use your passport. We will be getting a new, credit card sized ID/passport for travel within the EU in July as an optional supplement to the full sized passport (which will still be required for travel outside EU).

Advertisement