Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animators/Short Story Writers? I have an idea.

• 23-05-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok, so long story short, I write tunes (I don't sing) and I'm looking for someone to help me try and create a viral video for purely for the sake of exposure for both of us.

Long story long;

I should explain my situation. I write mostly finger picky type stuff on the acoustic guitar. (I won't link to it cause I'm not sure of the rules here) That's not really down to a particular love for that specific genre or anything, it's mainly because I've not been in a band in years, really and I'm 32 now and I'm not sure I can be bothered looking for one plus I'm currently at the bottom of a new work ladder and too broke for sophisticated music programming technology so it's just the acoustic for now.

I'd quite like to write music for a living though and I'm sure most everyone reading this would like to be an animator full time. Maybe helping each other out with a bit of self advertising might be an idea. A 2 or 3 minute "music video" of sorts which would hopefully go viral.

Here's what I'm thinking. The way to grab people's attention is to make them laugh and/or to pull on their heart strings. There's a reason the internet is ruled by cats, in my opinion, and it's that "cute" encapsulates both the heart string pulling and often makes people laugh with glee. So, given that all I have to work with is acoustic guitar tunes, I have vague visions of it going with some cutesy cartoon. Or it could be some experimental visual thing where, for instance, everything you see on screen reacts directly to every sound you hear, every change in note and so on. Or it could be anything, really if we're talking animation.

I'm thinking giving it the look of a short film because there won't be any singing, remember. Just an acoustic guitar. If we get it right, we post it around the place. We email it to sites like Joe.ie or The Daily Edge (and obviously no need to restrict it to Irish sites) just with a message of something like 'isn't this nice?'. Seeing as we're not trying to sell anything with it, hopefully it strikes a chord with someone, somewhere on one of these sites and they post it up on their site and it goes viral and who knows from there. If the right people end up seeing it on their Facebook or Twitter feeds, lads, then you never know might get in touch.

So who knows, maybe we both have material already done that just marries well together. Maybe we could brainstorm some ideas and come up with something together. Maybe I just email you a few tunes and you see if any of them inspire you to come up with something and we never even meet! We can both help each other out. I can't animate but I can offer a free soundtrack to aspiring short story animators.

Drop me a PM if any of this grabs you.

Advertisement