Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing fisheye effect from images

Options
  • 23-05-2015 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Whats the best way of removing the fisheye effect from an image? I have a phantom vision which has a very wide angle lens and want to straighten the image out. My computer isn't powerful enough for photoshop or lightroom so I'm looking for other options.

Has anyone tried the gopro studio software and know if that will work.

This will be for stills mostly.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sheesh, it isn't that hard to run Photoshop, especially if you're only editing a few images.

GIMP is a free alternative, but you can get a free trial of Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You should be able to run photoshop easily enough these days. Maybe just not be able to work on massive files. What size does the Phantom vision shoot? Photoshop has an auto lens correct function that would probably work with the camera if you check the compatible list.
    You could also try this, http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro
    I used to use it before it came built in to photoshop raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

Effects wrote: »
    What size does the Phantom vision shoot?

The images are 4384x3288
    JPEG files are about 6 or 7 MB and the RAW files are 28MB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

If your computer can't handle photoshop and files that size then it's probably time to upgrade.

Advertisement