Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locker and sports facilities at UL?

Options
  • 22-05-2015 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi accepted for a post-grad there. Just wondering whether there is lockers? and whether student's can use changing rooms and showers?I'm quite a keen runner and would like to take in a few laps of the track/campus now and then,does anyone know about showers an changing areas etc?
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Hi accepted for a post-grad there. Just wondering whether there is lockers? and whether student's can use changing rooms and showers?I'm quite a keen runner and would like to take in a few laps of the track/campus now and then,does anyone know about showers an changing areas etc?
    Thanks
    S

There are showers in the Arena, but unless you're a member you have to pay to use them. There are also showers in the PESS building and some under the Sports Bar afaik. There are a load of lockers around campus, but 99% of them are all taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Thanks IlLaura.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Thanks IlLaura.... :)

They made everyone take out their stuff from their lockers by the end of this month so if you get into them early enough when you start I'd say you should be able to get one.

I think there is showers in the foundation building that you can use as well and I'm not sure if we are able to use them but near the security hut near stables there's a sign pointing up steps and it has showers wrote on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

They made everyone take out their stuff from their lockers by the end of this month so if you get into them early enough when you start I'd say you should be able to get one.

I think there is showers in the foundation building that you can use as well and I'm not sure if we are able to use them but near the security hut near stables there's a sign pointing up steps and it has showers wrote on it :)

They send out that email every year in regards to the lockers :P Though I know the SU is looking to gain ownership of renting them out.

There's a shower in the basement of the library in the disabled toilets also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

There are a number of showers around campus, most of the accessible ones are for people who cycle to work (Smarter Travel initiative I think? I know there's a 'borrow a towel' scheme for them anyway).

One set is by the Stables Courtyard IIRC.

• Advertisement

could you tell me more about the bike College scheme? I was planning on cycling as well...one of the reasons why I could do with a locker....thanks

also does anyone know if one can join any of the nearby Credit Unions?.

Advertisement